Problems Recording IPTV.

andy vash

I have a VU Solo 4K running Jedi Maker Xtream with an IPTV multi room package.

I have a problem when l try and record. When l record one channel and them switch to another, the recording momentarily stops and the restarts

I can watch the other channels but every time l change channels the recording stops and then restarts again.

I’m assuming that there’s a setting somewhere ?

l would appreciate any help.

Have you a hdd in back of your box if so is recordings set to that what stream type are you using 40791 or dvb think it's called have you spoken to your provider your not running service app are you

Yes the box has a hidden and the stream is set to 40792, but l have tried dub and it makes no difference and l have spoken to my provider.

if it was me what i would do is buy a second box
stick it away, just needs internet in it
use openwebif, to set recording
put the storage on the network then you can get it in the other box

all it takes is the stream to stop for a second and im guessing its the changing channel is doing that
remember this isnt like a sat or cable feed, totally different

I have the same issue. I'm assuming there isn't a solution?

I also have this issue when using 2 enigma2 boxes on the same iptv connection. I have multi room but when I change channel on one box the other box gets kicked out and the stream restarts.

i have some iptv channels in my main bouquet with stream reference added from echanneliser, therefore i can set up recordings like satellite

IPTV is a stream though so if it buffers or stops server side then you'll see that on your record.

Usually if the stream stops on IPTV while recording its game over it wont restart recording when the stream comes back. There are plugins such as Quaterpounder that try stop that happening but even then its no where near 100%.

If your recording satellite and the server freezes the recording carries on so when the server sorts itself out the recording will start again.

Recording IPTV will never be reliable and it would be better to use a provider that has catch up for the main channels.

Last edited:
IPTV is a stream though so if it buffers or stops server side then you'll see that on your record.
It only stops when channels are being changed because the box seems to request another connection and if you only have 2 connections it kicks the other box off.

Usually if the stream stops on IPTV while recording its game over it wont restart recording when the stream comes back. There are plugins such as Hamburger that try stop that happening but even then its no where near 100%.

If your recording satellite and the server freezes the recording carries on so when the server sorts itself out the recording will start again.

Recording IPTV will never be reliable and it would be better to use a provider that has catch up for the main channels.
So ive got that plugin and it restarts the stream but I have an issue where the box requests another connection (connection no 3) so one of the other connections gets kicked as Im only allowed 2.
I understand that records are hit and miss but surely changing the channel shouldnt restart the recording.

I guess it is because the other recording that stopped is still connected to the server so it is classed as a connection. And hamburger starts another connection to restore the recording.

Not sure of a way around that as the timer for the first failed recording would have to end.

Question for the Quarterponder developer.

Last edited:
I might have to look into that. Thanks for the suggestion mate
iptv record seems to work far better with dvb1 stream type and service app disabled. Also whilst its recording its best to avoid watching another iptv channel on that same box and if you must do not change channel whilst recording is in progress. Also some older boxes do not like to handle two streams at once.

I might have to try and set the stream type as DVB and see how it behaves. I dont have service app enable as I used to have problems with recording when it was enabled. I agree, the age of the box doesnt help.

iptv record seems to work far better with dvb1 stream type and service app disabled. Also whilst its recording its best to avoid watching another iptv channel on that same box and if you must do not change channel whilst recording is in progress. Also some older boxes do not like to handle two streams at once.
DVB (1) is only type of stream you can record on iptv for live

doesnt it depend on how many connections you have? if say 2 and recording 1 but you have the other connection on another device, you would only beable to watch what is recording?

Back