HD51 4K Problems setting up EPG for IPTV

pebbleridge

I've found a really cheap IPTV Service and got it running really easy (the seller provided simple machine specific instructions).
Sounds good so far.
Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get the EPG working.
I'm using my Mutant HP51 with OpenViX 6.2.008 and Auto bouquets maker.
I would appreciate any assistance.

I've found a really cheap IPTV Service and got it running really easy (the seller provided simple machine specific instructions).
Sounds good so far.
Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to get the EPG working.
I'm using my Mutant HP51 with OpenViX 6.2.008 and Auto bouquets maker.
I would appreciate any assistance.
How are you accessing the IPTV?
XE plugin?
Jedimaker?
Don't mention servers or providers

I'm using Xstreamity
Xtreamity is more use for vod movies and series, not sure it's much use for live TV.
You can install jedimaker xtream from plugins, tell it to use the playlist located in etc/enigma2 and then you have a choice of plugins both using the same service.
Jedi is better interface for live TV, xtreamity for vod

You can install jedimaker xtream from plugins, tell it to use the playlist located in etc/enigma2 and then you have a choice of plugins both using the same service.
On my way to install Jedimaker Xtream, Thanks for the advice.(y)
I'll be back soon to let you know how I got on.:smiley:

I'm guessing I want 6.21 not 2.04 ?

On my way to install Jedimaker Xtream, Thanks for the advice.(y)
I'll be back soon to let you know how I got on.:smiley:

I'm guessing I want 6.21 not 2.04 ?
If you have a newer image, the version available in plugins will be newest.
If using an outdated image the plugin will be outdated, it doesn't usually give you a choice.
Install it via remote from plugins menu.

I use Xstreamity to watch live tv works great and its done by the same developer as jedimaker. Need to use EPG-IMPORTER plugin to pull in the epg if provider supports it.

I use Xstreamity to watch live tv works great and its done by the same developer as jedimaker. Need to use EPG-IMPORTER plugin to pull in the epg if provider supports it.
I tried it once, it's just one massive list of channels?
By the time you've found sky sports channel the final whistle has gone

I tried it once, it's just one massive list of channels?
By the time you've found sky sports channel the final whistle has gone
My setup on it fully working EPG as well.

Attachments

• IMG_20220730_143701.jpg
    IMG_20220730_143701.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20220730_143713.jpg
    IMG_20220730_143713.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 31
  • IMG_20220730_143805.jpg
    IMG_20220730_143805.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 31
Menu, plugins green to download plugins then extensions and install epg importer.

Reboot box then menu plugins, EPG importer blue for sources and tick your provider. Green to save then yellow for manual import. Setup auto import for a time to suit you ie over night

Hi Guys,
So I got Jedimaker to work, And it added the IPTV to the Freesat EPG, so that's Ok
I also got the EPG working on Xstreamity so I'm doing well (in my opinion).
I thought that because the Mutant has a hard drive I would be able to record a stream but I don't seem to be able to.
Was I being a bit too optimistic?

Hi Guys,
So I got Jedimaker to work, And it added the IPTV to the Freesat EPG, so that's Ok
I also got the EPG working on Xstreamity so I'm doing well (in my opinion).
I thought that because the Mutant has a hard drive I would be able to record a stream but I don't seem to be able to.
Was I being a bit too optimistic?
You need to have a duel multi room connection in most cases to record iptv. Set the stream type to dvb 1 in settings then try.

I definitely only have a single connection. Will it record if I don't watch anything else on IPTV?
If you were to set a recording pop the box in standby there is a chance but like it has been mention above make sure you downloaded the channels set for dvb1

No need to change stream types on vix. Menu, setup, recording and playback and timeshift, Recording and Playback.

Change Set Recordings - convert IPTV servicetypes to 1 to 5001 + 5002 you should be able to record 4097

Recording IPTV can be hit and miss though so maybe better to check xstreamity catch-up to see what channels you have catch-up for.

Hi Guys.
I would like to say thankyou to each and everyone of you who have tried to guide this numpty through the setting up of my Mutant HD51
I'm sorry to admit that I have bitten off more than I can chew, and despite all of your help I am going to sell the Mutant, it's just a bit to clever for me.
I apologise if I have wasted your time and I would like to say that I have enjoyed interacting with you, EVERYONE has been extremely helpful.
Thanks again,

Paul

Back