problems with august channel update

dazler

hi all, i have an f3 box wich i have been trying to update the channle list for i seem to be doing most things right sinse d,loading 7 zip, the problem is when i upgrade and click ifo in the box it just says file could not be found it has 5 or six diffrent things also listed which have not been selcted in this box but the tp dbs 1 just says cant find file, ive cut and pasted upated it and tryed all diffrent ways, its been going on a few days now with no joy im scared to delete all channels in case it all goes peared shaped, could somebody plz give me a hand id be very gratefull and would appreciate it
thanks ia advance
cheers
daz

HI it sounds like you have not unzipped the file... you must delete all channels before you put new list on . then turn off and back on after new list has been up loaded.. if you get stuck send me a email....

Last edited:
After you have downloaded & unzipped the channel list, you should get a TP_PROG.dbs file. Do you get this file?

Once you have put this on a memory stick, the box should recognise it when you upgrade by USB.

file update

hi, thanks for the replys yes when i unzip it it turns to a brown folder and in the folder is the 1st august full hd, which has underneath tp prog.dbs update file, it is white and has a small little crease at the top and blue in the middlle, is this correct, i have copied and pasted it to my usb but like on my other posts when it upgrades when it says click for info it just says file not found but theres a list of other things which i have not selected, im worried about deleting all in case it all goes wrong and i cant get them back i always power on and off after doing the update even tho it says file not found
thanks again for the replys and hope i can help others with other problems as i used to flash etc peoples euro voxes when they were about with no problems as i just learnt myself but this seems a diffrent and worrying way, as i no nothing about the f3
thanks again
daz

hi, thanks for the replys yes when i unzip it it turns to a brown folder and in the folder is the 1st august full hd, which has underneath tp prog.dbs update file, it is white and has a small little crease at the top and blue in the middlle, is this correct, i have copied and pasted it to my usb but like on my other posts when it upgrades when it says click for info it just says file not found but theres a list of other things which i have not selected, im worried about deleting all in case it all goes wrong and i cant get them back i always power on and off after doing the update even tho it says file not found
thanks again for the replys and hope i can help others with other problems as i used to flash etc peoples euro voxes when they were about with no problems as i just learnt myself but this seems a diffrent and worrying way, as i no nothing about the f3
thanks again
daz

Are you downloading one of the lists in this thread:-

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-f5-f6/46872-channel-update-file.html

I have just tried them all myself & they are all working fine.

I am not sure about the name of the file that you have extracted. It should be called exactly TP_PROG.dbs (there will also be another file called Favourites.jpg).

If it's called something different then it may be due to Internet Explorer corrupting the download. This is a known problem if you Google it. I had this problem a few months ago. I installed Firefox & the file then downloaded correctly.

still same but still trying

hi, and cheers for the reply, i tried it once yesterday and it didnt work again but as i said when it says upgrading it seems to do it then when i click info it just says file couldnt be found or similar to that theres also others in the list so it must be reading it or how would it know the other files? im bricking it at the moment as i dont no any thing about it and 1 of the reasons i dont want to delete all in case it makes things worse than it is now, i will no doubt keep trying but i did think somebody may have given advice on what to do im using 7 zip now but still the same, anybody live in manchester as id pay to get it sorted by some 1 who knows what there doing and learn as they do it, anyway thanks again
daz

You didn't say if you were using Internet Explorer or not. If you are, you may be having the same problems I had. It may be worth installing Firefox just to see if IE is causing the problems.

Your box will still try to upgrade the TP_PROG.dbs file even if one doesn't exist on the memory stick. It's not clever enough to know beforehand that the file is not there. It is only afterwards that it tells you that the file doesn't exist, so it sounds to me as though a corrupt (wrongly named file) is on your memory stick.

Is the name of the file exactly as I posted in my previous post (TP_PROG.dbs)?

I have attached a screen dump of what the folders & files should look like (The only difference might be that your Favourites file might not show the extension .jpg if you haven't set windows up to show extensions of known file types).

Attachments

• TP1.jpg
    TP1.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 20
  • TP2.jpg
    TP2.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 41
thanks, i will download firefox as soon as im home and go from there i will start a fresh and delete everything and try dowloading again with f, fox cheers for the reply
i wuill let you no how i get on, thanks again
daz

Back