Problems with Openbox V8s

D3m0n_Inc

I'm a complete noob when it comes to this type of tech (and for this I can only apologise), but my problem is this.... I bought an Openbox v8s off Ebay.... yeah, yeah, I can hear u sigh....... anyhow, I got it.. and once putting sky cable in and internet connection I soon realised that not all channels worked.. aka ... only free ones and the others were "black screen of death" with the usual $ and SCRAMBLED underneath.. so I was advised to buy a "GIFT CARD" which I did.... the sender sent me details... but after about 12 hrs ... it stopped working whilst watching it, my channels FROZE.... so I contacted the guy and was then told to factory reset and input CCcam.cfg setup again, and REBOOT.... which I did.. but now, if I try to view say ... Sky 1, it says "Invalid Program, Search again!" and the Sky Premier channel shows Challenge with NO SOUND

What's this mean, and how do I resolve my very frustrating problem ???????????

I emailed the guy and he said, its a problem with the VPN or something which "RARELY HAPPENS" but should be up n running soon.....

Can anyone please help a very frustrated NOOB to sort out this problem ONCE AND FOR ALL. I will take ANY CRITICISM I DESERVE, BUT, ONLY, If you can help....

First of all you need a channel update---you will find channel lists [I prefer CWaites] within the openbox forum on this site. That will put your channels back on correct frequencies. You will also find all the instructions you need. Plus have a read of this guide.

Reaper.View attachment dummies guide.rar

Back