Processor Temperature

frundlemud

My h2s works very well indeed but I notice the temperature is 94C. It started from a reboot at 60C or just above after poking around inside to check for dust or cooling issues.
The heatsink looks fine not loose and fixed with a thermal pad. Not to be confused with one grandma may wear.
Is this ok. Should I leave well alone (always difficult)

Had the same problem Always powered my
Reciever of at night never keep on standby
Thought about purchasing a 5amp fan to
Keep it cool.Never bothered in the end.

I always leave mine on, not even on standby so maybe a rethink there. I do have a large summer fan here which I could try. If this helps I could add a fan from a old PC case or the like. Never been a fan of thermal pad much prefer Paste and clips. Slower to manufacture probably.
Had the cover off this morning thought it may be dust but this was ok.

update. My processor has been reaching just under 100C so time to act. I took the top off and it was better but not ideal. Finally I used a old fan from a obsolete HDD TV recorder. The fan said 12v. The power into the H2s is 12v. I soldered wires through a switch to the fan after mounting it above the processor heat sink from the 12v 'in' connector. I made a slight extension from some spare alloy. It may not look perfect but the box is Now 57C .

Attachments

• IMG_20200813_121332.jpg
    IMG_20200813_121332.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 11
Back