PROVIDER HAS WENT AWoL (NOT AN EBAY BOUGHT SERVICE)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlg1

HI Everyone...

First of all thanks for any help in the past and hope I'm posting this in the right part of the forum.

Ive had 2 zgemma 2 boxes running Openvix since Sept last year. Freezing has been a real pain in the ass. seller came out (reluctantly) and changed to different server. Was useless.

I am gradually learning (having to) about these boxes having cancelled Sky last year.

Anyway..hes went awol or should I say "blocked" me from facebook and cant get in touch with him not answering messages to texts etc.. Im thinking because I happened to dis the crap after sales service on his facebook page out of frustration more than anything else - actaully cant believe Ive been blocked so worried I'll be "cut off" come renewal time. (all very petty to be honest)...

So my line/s run out on 1st Sept., And Im trying to get some sort of back up plan in order so we are not left with Freeview only.

I'm wondering if anyone knows a good reliable provider (one that doesnt freeze and does have some after sales help) Been checking out ebay but after all the wantings dont want to chance it - weve currently Movies, Sports, usual Comedy Central, History etc....it was the last two channles that were causing the most issues on both boxes.

Ive spent the gust of £500 getting it all up and running inc homeplugs ext hhd drives etc...so really frustrated.

I tried adding cams and all sorts during the year - nothing helped.

So I think were running main box and multi room from the same line (unsure if its a cline or nline - sorry not much exp with these) (which Ive read today isnt always a good idea)..

I think I can add a new gift.provider myself - Im sure there are probably guides on the site as I was greatly helped in the past.

So if anyone can point me in the right direction as to adding a new gift/server etc.. for both boxes and by the way been using mgcamd 1.38 from the start. Other cams I tried to get running I couldnt...

Thought about going back to (you know who) to be honest but its extortion what they're charging and the temptation to sort it myself is too strong...lol

I see there are a lot of providers online but dont want to take a chance on some waster - had enough of that this past year. Just simply want non freezing TV...By the way was told by provider it would be £100 renewal for both multi room and main box for another year (is offering £165 for 2 years at the minute)..

Many thanks for any help....really appreciated...:)

Cheers

James

Avoid eBay and never buy more than a year. There's a request section on the forum. Lots of tests available.

sent from meatballs way too expensive gizmo

Cheers guys so far.. Ill check out the request forum...dont mind paying £10 a month etc.. if its gonna be stable and hassle free once set up...

Cheers so far...

James

At £10 a month---brings to mind "a fool and his money are easilly parted".
Read the request thread then pick and choose wisely, very wisely.
Reaper.

Why have you stayed with this guy so long if your line was glitching for so long. No line is guaranteed glitch free, but it should only be very sporadically.

Why did the guy have to come out to your box. A provider should just email you your line details and you put it on your box. Probably so he can charge you for a call out fee.

How have you spent £500 on everyrhing. That sounds a lot for 2 boxes.

Avoid this guy. He is a ripoff merchant preying on people who are not that clued up.

Prices vary massively but you can get a decent line for a year for around £40. Buy a couple for your 2 boxes and a descent seller will also do you a deal.

Avoid ebay that is just asking for trouble. Usually a crap over subscribed line. They are usually resellers. And your line will go off after 3 months max.

Avoid facebook groups. The prices i have seen on there are really expensive and the advice offered in most of them is amateurish and comical.

Read all the stickies at the top of general satellite.

Request a test line in the line thread in there. If you are using mgcamds you will be using a nline at the moment.

And you joined this forum a while ago. Interact with it. Learn from all the massive amounts of information on here. Read a little. Its all very easy with a little effort

Last edited:
Cheers for all the help and advice so far and I def will stay with the forum.

I don't know how I've stuck this out a year its been a miserable year chasing an asshole who tf seems hasn't a clue what he's doing. As regards the expense I think it was £175 for one box and £115 for multi room the rest was hard drives home plugs etc...but yeah it seems I've been well ripped off.

Excuse the ignorance but if I get a test line can I run this while still with this guy...?

Cheers for the PM's everyone as well...I'll get back to u thanks for you're time so far...:)

Just have to get to grips with sorting a test line..handy though my PC sees the zgemma downstairs on network will have to FTP the multi room box..but can use filezilla so should be fine.

I'm confident you guys can get me sorted..cheers so far...

James

Yeah back up your crap line lol. Then get a test line. Pop it on and on you go

Big rip offs out there. Chatting to a woman in work other day she bought a openbox v8 with a 2 year line that last 6 months for £200.... horrid money grabbing bath plugs out there

Last edited:
Yeah back up your crap line lol. Then get a test line. Pop it on and on you go

Big rip offs out there. Chatting to a woman in work other day she bought a openbox v8 with a 2 year line that last 6 months for £200.... horrid money grabbing bath plugs out there

Just to check how woudl I back up the current line just keep a backup of the files...? Im thinking the current provider will know Im running a new line..sorry to be a noob..? :)

THats nuts £200 for 6 months crazy - some money grabbing creeps out there - bigtime..

J

---------- Post Merged at 10:51 PM ----------

you would have been better to post in the zgemma section not openbox but you got excellent advice.
and a quick guide here to read.

http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65283-guide-how-set-up-e2-combo-box-vix-image.html

Yes I def have so far and quick a few PM's not its diff to choose lol...cheers for this guide...

J

your provider wont know who or what else is running on box only his line can be seen from his side if he cares.

Yeah if yours is a newcamd.list then just FTP and save that file to your computer....then copy a new one over that's supplied by your new friend ........your provider won't know your testing and if he could who would care. Supply a decent service and this problem wouldn't happen.......

I've never seen cws multi or whatever be nice to know that myself...... just grab a test and feel the power for 24hrs lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Jesus Christ - You thought that your lines were bad before?, just wait until they have been used on multiple boxes in multiple locations, you will be banned by your providor.
I had moved your thread from the Openbox section to zgemma section, but I now have to close it.

Your original question has been answered, go to the request a server thread in the general satellite section.

THREAD CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back