PS4 PS4 Hacked on 6.72 firmware

channelking

About damn time :LOL:

Reading and watching few videos seems its unstable atm but jailbreak is working for some while few issues for others.

Hopefully hackers/developers can get stable hacked firmware out.

Potentially now we could see proper PS4 hacking with PS5 only few months away till release. Hopefully :unsure:

PS4 6.72 Jailbreak released by Sleirsgoevy - Wololo.net

PlayStation 4: Sleirsgoevy's FW 6.72 jailbreak reported to have pretty low success rate requiring hard resets at times - Stay on FW 5.05 for now! - Wololo.net

Takes 10 and even 20 times for some to get jailbreak to work. Which is p*ss take.

Be good if in coming days and weeks we see stable jailbreak.

Takes 10 and even 20 times for some to get jailbreak to work. Which is p*ss take.

Be good if in coming days and weeks we see stable jailbreak.
its got to start some where,reminds me a bit of the wiiu web exploit that would take a few times to load up homebrew.

Ye true. took over two years for this jailbreak to come out. Hope PS4 hacking scene starts and keeps rolling.

Never gona be like PS3 jailbreak. Now that was special and perfection.

Interesting new script been released by the hacker to allow you player games on 5.50-6.72 firmware to work on 5.05. Do wonder potential issues that could arise.

PlayStation 4 Release: flatz releases scripts to backport PS4 games allowing FW 5.50-6.72 titles to run on FW 5.05 - RDR2 & Spider-Man confirmed to work! - Wololo.net

Last edited by a moderator:
No not me mate. I am just really interested with it especially with it being hacked again.

Looking at PS4 original if can get it for cheap on low firmware.

Just reading on other forums people saying games working fine for them on 5.05 when back porting. But I imagine playing such games on such low firmware will cause some issues. Hopefully stable jailbreak comes soon.

Back