PSP 6.20 TN-A released

wheelo

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
The wait is over, all PSP's can now use homebrew including PSP 3000's, PSP Go, and PSP 2000's with the TA-88v3+ motherboard. Total_Noob has released 6.20 TN-A (HEN) via PSPGEN.

Firstly 6.20 TN-A (HEN) needs to be run on a PSP system with Firmware 6.20 and you’ll need HBL(Half Byte Loader).

6.20 TN-A (HEN) installation Instructions:

* Download the 6.20 TN (above)
* Connect your PSP to the computer via USB
* Place your PSP in “USB mode“ with the option “USB Connection“
* Right-click on the file you downloaded,
* Choose “Extract Files …”( WinRAR is advised)
* Choose like destination the letter assigned to your PSP from your computer.
* Press OK and wait extraction files,
* Leave the “USB Mode“on your PSP
* In the XMB go to PSP/GAME And start the Patapon 2 demo (DL save game Below) and run Half Byte Loader.
* In the menu of HEN, select HEN
* Wait a few seconds your PSP will reboot!
* You will be automatically returned to the XMB.
* Congratulations, now enjoy your homebrew.

Papaton 2 save game download

Last edited:
ive been trying to install the 6.35 hen, any one give any step by step instructions how to install?

We'll have to get around to doing a Tutorial on that as well sinno i think

With all the new hacks coming signed and running from the xmb you will be at it for weeks,new firmware 6.39 is out soon if you want to wait

My PSP-3000 is currently on firmware 6.35, i had to do an update on it a couple of weeks ago so i can play the new fifa game [UMD disc]. Am i right in thinking that i'll have to wait for an updated hack so i can run it on my PSP?

there are a few options dan,i havent tried any thou so cant say for definite,downgrading so you can run the tn-c,or there is a hen for the 6.35,prometheus has a iso loader,or there is also the open iso loader,a familiarity with moving files around inside the files of the psp will be required

there are a few options dan,i havent tried any thou so cant say for definite,downgrading so you can run the tn-c,or there is a hen for the 6.35,prometheus has a iso loader,or there is also the open iso loader,a familiarity with moving files around inside the files of the psp will be required

I've seen the following youtube tutorial on how to downgrade to version 6.20, is this compatible with PSP 3000?

I've come across the following tutorial:

Code:
http://forums.qj.net/psp-general/174387-tutorial-6-20-tn-c-hen-easy-installer.html

Am i right in thinking the second method installs official firmware 6.20, and the third method installs custom firmware 6.20 (HEN).

I've read that the 6.20 TN-C doesnt play iso files, will it be a hassle trying to play them with the loader, would it be a more suitable option downgrading to 6.20 OFW and then going for the 6.20 TN-A?

Either way i understand the risks that it may damage the PSP if done wrongly, i have downgraded with the pandora battery before so not a total noob at this. :)

Cheers sinno.

Last edited:
THIS is the downgrader i was refering to Dan,and yes you will be installing original 6.20 firmware,and then adding the hen,i have a mates one here which was on 6.20 and i put the hen-c on it with prometheus loader which states its for hen-a,it is running iso

After two months and a half i decided to give this shot, it was a bit funny how it went down..

I started by downgrading the PSP 3000 from 6.35 to 6.20 via the link you provided earlier sinno, thanks for that btw. :)

I was suprised as to how the instructions were set out, not really clear at all. It says to copy the EBOOT to the PSP/GAME/UPDATE/....
But on the PSP the file comes up corrupted, then later i stumbled on a youtube video which showed me what i should have done, i had to copy the "Downgrader" folder to PSP/GAME and then make an UPDATE folder myself and put in the 6.20 firmware in that UPDATE folder. This successfully installed 6.20 on my PSP.

Then i went onto the first page of this thread. Looked at the instructions and realised they have some vital information missing i.e. the step where it asks you to copy the eboot from the downloaded zip to the root of your memory stick and instead its supposed to go in the PSP/GAME/ folder. Nevertheless, i stumbled on another pspcustomfirmware thread and successfully installed 6.20 TN-A.

By the way, my mac address spoofed? turned into 00:00:00:00 e.t.c

Anyway, this is the part which suprised me, i was aware that if you turned off the PSP completely then the custom firmware changes will be erased and you'll then land back onto the OFW? But thought nothing of it at the time and did a restart to see if everything went fine [just a double check]. I then went back to System Settings to find that my mac address has returned by its gone from PSP 6.20 TN-A to 6.20.

So does this mean that the PSP must not be shutdown?? Its for my little siblings, and if this is the case then there is no point of me performing the hack, its definitely going to be shut down one way or another, they just never listen.

Appreciate the help sinno and wheelo. (y)

I'm guessing your on official firmware or have you used a dual booting firmware,either way its no longer a issue have a look at THIS and all problems will be solved,you will have permanent custom firmware now your on 6.20

Its currently on 6.20. I will give this a shot and get back to you mate. (y)

Update There are 3 folders in there, containing there own eboot, which one should i run?

I'll check out a youtube vid. :)

Added after 12 minutes:

Thank you Sinno!!

img00005201104250040.jpg

img00006201104250040.jpg

You the man!! Appreciate the help! (y)

Last edited:
OK, now this is getting confusing, the game and everything was working fine, but as soon as i took the PSP off and then back on it goes to 6.20 again?!

I dont know what im doing wrong. :dunno:

Added after 12 minutes:

Nevermind, i followed this guide and got it to permanent :)

Code:
http://forums.pspslimhacks.com/tutorials/10976-tutorial-installing-6-20-pro-b-4-permanent.html

Sometimes i think i need to experiment before i keep posting, but then i feel if i keep posting after having an issue or resolving an issue, then it may help others who are stuck. Its 2 a.m so i better get to sleep.:) Cheers..!

Last edited:
Hey Sinno, just another thing, i've only 487MB of memory left on the memory card, and so i'd like to play Fifa 11 from the UMD. However since im now on CFW 6.20, its telling me that i've to update the firmware in order to play from the UMD. If i try to go to update [with the option enabled in the registry hack so that PSP will be directed to a different server to upgrade the CFW instead of the OFW] it tells me it'll update to 6.31 and i dont think its such a good idea.

Is there anyway i can go to 6.35 and then install the 6.35 PRO-B5? or from 6.20 PRO-B5 to 6.35 PRO-B5?

Cheers.

Ahh, i found how to get to 6.30 PRO B5 but then also found out it doesnt have that permanent change too it so i'll be sticking too 6.20 for the meantime. :)

Last edited:
I'm using 6.35 PRO-B3 and don't seem to have any probs mate, if you turn the psp on and off - all you have to do is click on the loader again, it's takes seconds then all the games return.

Back