Purchase Sat receiver

Hi, this question has probably asked loads of times but I am looking to purchase a Satellite Receiver, I want it for the free view channels via the dish and IPTV, had a Zgemma back in the day but looking for recommendations eg Ocatagon Sf8008, Zgemma H11S. My budget is up to £150 mark. Thanks for your help

Hi, this question has probably asked loads of times but I am looking to purchase a Satellite Receiver, I want it for the free view channels via the dish and IPTV, had a Zgemma back in the day but looking for recommendations eg Ocatagon Sf8008, Zgemma H11S. My budget is up to £150 mark. Thanks for your help
Via a satellite dish you will get Freesat channels, Freeview channels are via a rooftop aerial.
The two are not the same.
Almost any box will allow you to use IPTV regardless of whichever FTA channels you choose but some are better than others, EG better processing power etc. You definitely want a 4k box, nothing older as they can't handle newer codecs for IPTV streams

If you can go to £150 that is well over budget for the H11 and the SF8008.

The SF8008 is well reviewed on the scene and imo a step up from the H11 but as you dont want too much from your receiver the H11 would suffice.

I would highly recommend the octagon SF8008, excellent box, able to have open atv and openvix on each partition. Jedimaker plugin works great for iptv aswell, box is available at around £120, maybe a bit cheaper if you shop around.

Back