Put engine oil in atf by accident

I presume this is for power Steering ,and it might have an effect on seals in the long run.Dont think its a lot myself but type of oil in use from old to modern cars is like treacle to water in terms of viscosity.

Its 07 520d manual. It was shell 5w30 was only 100ml. My mechanic said he wouldnt worry about it. Looking a 2nd opinion just

Personally i would say no but its only a small amount but can still cause damage in my opinion but others may say its ok

How far is it to the garage ?? If about the same just drive it steadily and explain whats happened and they will flush and drain the system but because its now been drove it may well need doing a couple of times to remove all traces

Yeah i know what you mean lol was sat in local morrisons garage other day after i filled works van with diesel and noticed on the corner of the forecourt a young girl in a vauxhall corsa pouring a 2.5 litre bottle of antifreeze into the rocker case ffs went over to her and told her not to start the car under any circumstances and get it towed to a garage just in time she was on her way up the M1 and cant imagine the damage it would have caused

Been doing abit more reading an am confused. The atf cap in my car is apparenty the power steering well as my car is a manual diesel and not an automatic. Does this make any difference

No not really as a flush is a flush but doing it on correct item matters hence why i said power steering has the reservoir and an automatic has a dipstick to measure the fluid inside the automatic gearbox unit which your car has a manual gear shift.Others will have your car flushed out on every orifice:X3::X3::LOL::LOL:

Hmm just read back through and realised its a manual lol ah well better get some better reading glasses .
This is somewhat a better scenario than auto flush thank god but not sure if the reservoir on the car has a built in filter which may need changing when the system has been flushed.

Back