Putting freeview on zgemma h2s box

I have a h2s box i installed wooshbuild on back when card sharing was a thing.
I always found it a confusing and frustrating experience to be honest, i just want a plug and play experience like a 'normal box' so now i would like to remove wooshbuild and just use it as a freesat box. (Easy enough for the wife to use)
Would i have to factory reset the box? And will i still be able to watch the recordings i made on the removable usb stick?

I have a h2s box i installed wooshbuild on back when card sharing was a thing.
I always found it a confusing and frustrating experience to be honest, i just want a plug and play experience like a 'normal box' so now i would like to remove wooshbuild and just use it as a freesat box. (Easy enough for the wife to use)
Would i have to factory reset the box? And will i still be able to watch the recordings i made on the removable usb stick?
Is the usb still installed ? Grog would be the best option but a usb mounted will be the main thing to get it to work

Don't reset box and yes You should be able to view your recordings.Just don't initialize hdd when flashing setup.
What version of wooshbuild are you using?
You probably will need to flash again with openatv6.4 or vix,or install via a command line if you want a build eggrogbuild,willobuild,wooshbuild.
Install Autobouquets maker and set to freesat,add epg importer choose a skin you prefer and away you go.

This is all a bit complicated for a newbie!
Ok so let me take it step by step, someone asked which version of wooshbuild am i using? It's version 4.001
I have the usb with the recordings inserted. I can't remember if that was the usb with the wooshbuild software on now and how i did that because it was a few years ago now
So is there a step by step instructions i could use to do this?

Use a different usb for flashing boxes and not the one with recordings.
not necessary, load the box up and press the blue button and then select flash online, select the latest dated image on the list, the chances are this will be 6.3 but if you see 6.4 thats better.

once reflashed, with bare atv, if it was 6.3 then repeat the above to get the latest atv 6.4 image flashed. you will then have a blank canvas to install what you want, either manually or wooshbuild infinity

If you want to install grogbuild freerange then you don't need to reflash first as it does it for you, just follow the instructions in the grogbuild freerange link in my signature below.

In both methods above, you DO NOT NEED a new usb stick, just keep the one you use for recordings in the box, your recordings will not be lost.

I would do as grog68 said, not sure about your version of whooshbuild but with newer versions you need to change skin back to Metrix HD before you can do flash online.

not necessary, load the box up and press the blue button and then select flash online, select the latest dated image on the list, the chances are this will be 6.3 but if you see 6.4 thats better.

once reflashed, with bare atv, if it was 6.3 then repeat the above to get the latest atv 6.4 image flashed. you will then have a blank canvas to install what you want, either manually or wooshbuild infinity

If you want to install grogbuild freerange then you don't need to reflash first as it does it for you, just follow the instructions in the grogbuild freerange link in my signature below.

In both methods above, you DO NOT NEED a new usb stick, just keep the one you use for recordings in the box, your recordings will not be lost.
I tried to follow these steps, however when i click flash and then 'select wooshbuild version' there's nothing there to choose from

menu \ setup\ usage & interface \ skins settings\ then select MetrixHD

this may be different ( usage & interface )

Ok i have changed it to metrixHD, but still when i try to follow the earlier step of selecting the wooshbuild verdion there is nothing there

Ok i have changed it to metrixHD, but still when i try to follow the earlier step of selecting the wooshbuild verdion there is nothing there
can you not post a screenshot so we know whats happening. just type you h2s ip address into browser or copy and paste this in
Code:
http://zgemmah2s/#

that should get you to open webif and you can take screenshot.

This is not whoosbuild but just different skin on openatv6.4

Attachments

• Flash_Online.jpg
    Flash_Online.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Flash on The fly.jpg
    Flash on The fly.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 21
The builds are just "customisations" and pre-installations. Just flash OpenATV and learn to install what you need. The popular Kiddac's skins are available form the plugin server.

Also, without intending to be pedantic, you are better off avoiding the term "Freeview" unless you have a tuner capable of receiving Terrestrial broadcasts and also don't want to use the satellite tuner.

Back