q5 hd usb issues

johny01

Hi all,

I have an issue where i cant get my Q5 to detect any USB i put in it. Tried 3 different one's formatted one to fat32 the other to NTFS no luck in any :S.

Bit baffled, any lights on the USB come on, just cant get anything on/off them from the box.

Any ideas people?

A few seconds after you plug in the USB stick, do you see the message "USB detected"?

Hi Kremmen

Nope no message of any kind - I just get the LED on my USB show but that's it..All USB 2.0 sticks btw if it makes any difference

Hi all,

I have an issue where i cant get my Q5 to detect any USB i put in it. Tried 3 different one's formatted one to fat32 the other to NTFS no luck in any :S.

Bit baffled, any lights on the USB come on, just cant get anything on/off them from the box.

Any ideas people?
Q5 pvr Hd is automatic update use for cable virgin tv not for sky usb

---------- Post Merged at 12:55 AM ----------

Hi all,

Any ideas people?
Q5 pvr Hd is automatic update use for cable virgin tv not for sky usb

Hi I understand it's for cable but I can't use the pvr functions as no USB is recognised on the box. I cannot save channel lists etc to any USB. Must be a fault with the box? Unless anyone has seen this happen before to their box.

I'm fairly new to the Q5, so don't know if there is different firmware around, but mine is software 1.26 dated Jan 14 2014. If yours is an earlier firmware, perhaps you could update?

There's also a factory reset option in the menu. Never tried this myself yet, so don't know if that will help.

Has this always happened with this box? If so, it may be a faulty box as you suspect.

@Cakey2015...what do you mean when you say it is "automatic update"?

I have the same firmware version on my box. Not going to do a factory reset, I'll just live with it for now until I decide to upgrade to a new box :) thanks for the help either way.

Is there an option to format the USB in the menu somewhere ?

Blades would not recognise them unless they where formatted from the menu.

I was looking for a way to do this in the box, does not seem to be a option though. Im pretty sure FAT32 formatted USB usually work on the Box just in this case nothing shows.

I've a new F5s box, all set up, firmware, line etc etc!!!

Certain channels won't work and then on a few occasions they do, skysports 1&5, showcase, etc etc, keeps sayin scrambled??

What's the V Format button used for??

I've a new F5s box, all set up, firmware, line etc etc!!!

Certain channels won't work and then on a few occasions they do, skysports 1&5, showcase, etc etc, keeps sayin scrambled??

What's the V Format button used for??

I think you need to ask this in the Sat section of the forum :S this is the cable section mate :)

Back