Quad lnb to fit very old sky mini dish

rs500nutter

TK Veteran
Right then you sat experts sons house project has got an old sly mini dish up aint got a clue how old it is but judging with the rusty bolts on it i would say its 20+ years old.
The lnb currently fitted says Thompson on it and its a single outlet.
It looks like it pushes into the arm and what appears to be a small plastic pin going through the arm.
Any recomendations for a straight quad replacement that pushes into the arm or does it need some sort of adapter with it being so old .
Dont wanna be up ladders for long i hate them with a vengeance lol.
Cheers nutter (y)

Yeah i see your thinking but just want to utilise whats already there and purchase the right part for the job that will work (y)

Is there a sat cable still connected to the dish?
Yes mate it looks a bit rusty but theres signal coming down it because i hooked my v8 golden up to it yesterday and did a scan for channels and was ok so it not out of alignment or owt just thought about putting a new lnb on it for more feeds etc.

How many channels did it pick up?, as long as all the main ones are there all you would need would be some new cable, but I suppose if you are gonna do that you might aswell put a new LNB on too.

How many channels did it pick up?, as long as all the main ones are there all you would need would be some new cable, but I suppose if you are gonna do that you might aswell put a new LNB on too.
Yeah just need to know what type of quad lnb will fit this dish ok

Back