Query about services/products

channelking

Hi guys

So contract with talktalk has ended and seems price will be jacked up for their services. Have tried to call them but seems their CS are not in operation as wanted to see if could do new deal of some sort even though dont really need their services but parents obviosuly use the landline so have to keep it.

Maybe you can do it on their website and even cancel but wanted to speak them. With no prior letter/email saying contract will end at this date etc as they should have done under new laws can they jack the price up despite me not being able to speak to them?

I am concerned as VM also will be ending soon and I wont be able to afford to keep paying for these services if prices increase in big way. Doesnt help cant get any government support either under their schemes.

Sorry to hear about the lack of government support mate.

If you're changing providers then you could go through a cashback site (I use topcashback but there's quidco too) and the cashback they pay will offset the first couple of months bill at least. I recently changed from BT bb to Sky and got £110 cashback within a week or so of my first months payment being taken.

Hope things work out for you.

Sorry to hear about the lack of government support mate.

If you're changing providers then you could go through a cashback site (I use topcashback but there's quidco too) and the cashback they pay will offset the first couple of months bill at least. I recently changed from BT bb to Sky and got £110 cashback within a week or so of my first months payment being taken.

Hope things work out for you.

Have tried cashback sites in past mate for products and services but never had luck in them paying me.

Only with talktalk as got complete landline package, dont use their freeview tv or really their BB but parents want it so what can you do. Not sure other providers gona be that much different.

Wanted to see if they could do something but seems their CS is completely shut as cant get hold of them on the phone so worried how much price increase will be with no contract with them now and how they can get away with it as well.

Havent spoke to VM yet but could same same situation with CS issues.

If dropping vm i can assume you might get cut off and only have internet services or sat if you have a working dish.

Not really looking to drop VM as wanted to see if they could do some deal but if CS is b*tch to get hold of not sure what to do.

Was hoping these companies could help somewhat with bills maybe being frozen for few months or lower prices but doubt that will happen.

Have tried cashback sites in past mate for products and services but never had luck in them paying me.

They work if you shop properly - make sure you're logged in then click through to the telecoms section and browse the deals before clicking through to the provider you think suits your needs best. My Sky bb and landline is £25 per month so the £110 makes it free for 4 of the 18 months I'm contracted.

it could just be that their CS is working from home on skeleton staff and taking longer to answer but do check their website to see if they have switched to using live chat rather than phone.

Can I ask why you have talktalk and VM? vm broadband tends to work out cheaper when you have their phone as well. I know it's non of my business.

There is not a lot of choice over here and the amount of extra switches in rooms for more lan connections.
Siro not here so no gb internet.
Phone line on old system not updated.
Wireless broadband trees blocked signal.
Old Upc fibre put in years ago.

There is not a lot of choice over here and the amount of extra switches in rooms for more lan connections.
Siro not here so no gb internet.
Phone line on old system not updated.
Wireless broadband trees blocked signal.
Old Upc fibre put in years ago.

Ah... guess they've got you over a barrel.

it could just be that their CS is working from home on skeleton staff and taking longer to answer but do check their website to see if they have switched to using live chat rather than phone.

Can I ask why you have talktalk and VM? vm broadband tends to work out cheaper when you have their phone as well. I know it's non of my business.

VM phone line is just standard. Plus was over £20 extra a month if wanted same landline package as TT.

Dad took out TT over 10 years ago and doesnt want to move and wants landline with them.

Yes I know stupid having TT landline and VM as well but out of my control.

Usually your contract just continues when we was out of contract with sly didn't even know we was out of contract rang them a couple of month after asked when contract was up they said we'll over 2 months ago and just put on a rolling contract for same price or usually automatically start a new contract but was paying same each month have a look at plus net their cheap for broadband and phone

VM is main for BB but they want a lot more for full phone line. TT phone line we had got long time ago so stuck with it. It's pointless have two providers but dad don't want to leave them.

From what I read they got to inform you of contract is up now.

Previously when contract expired with them they took much more as price went up quite a bit after it expired. That's why I worry will be same now.

Still can't get through to them to discuss even in the morning.

VM is main for BB but they want a lot more for full phone line. TT phone line we had got long time ago so stuck with it. It's pointless have two providers but dad don't want to leave them.

From what I read they got to inform you of contract is up now.

Previously when contract expired with them they took much more as price went up quite a bit after it expired. That's why I worry will be same now.

Still can't get through to them to discuss even in the morning.
I have phone and BB with vm, when I asked about cancelling the phone the price was higher by £3/month for just BB, work that out.

I have phone and BB with vm, when I asked about cancelling the phone the price was higher by £3/month for just BB, work that out.

Ye with VM last year when was trying to get new deal they said without phone line BB price would be more never understood that.

So been stuck with their basic line which no one uses.

It was the same for me last year, I asked them to scrap the land line as we do not even have a house phone, after a few rounds of discussions, they said we could do it but it was working out a fiver more than the phone line rental was costing, so no point in us going for it, we dont have a phone anyway so we cant run a bill up, was not going to give them a fiver more a month for nothing in return.

I don't think your provider can put up the prices without telling you first. I wouldn't worry for just now and wait until things return to (near) normal...

I had to contact Talktalk couple of weeks ago , I ended up finding a contact us form to fill in , I sent that and they responded within 2 days ....was for a fault though , just tried to find it but couldn’t , I wasn’t signed in though as it was for my dads account , they say they are open till midnight so try late on monday night it might be easier to get through then. i think they advertise that current customers get same deal as new customers so see what they are offering on website and you will know what to expect

Back