Query on adding another lnb

cactikid

VIP Member
Have got a 90cm with 2 x quad lnb 19.2 and 13. Need more feeds on 19.2 so unsure if i can update to an octo lnb on the curved mount or add another quad for 19.2 making that 8 feeds? cheers.

If you add another lnb in 19 then you will compromise the signal you already have as you will need to move the dish, why not just change to an octo,? Easier option, perhaps a little more expensive, but how much time to re-align the dish,? Time is money.
Have you considered quattro and switch,?

As i like to do plenty of viewing and recording i dont think a quattro and a switch should work for me so its an octo then,what other sat has good english movies to view as might get that added in now seeing that i might get it moved over.
I have also got to jot down what cabling needs added in for more feeds.+ extra Saorview feeds.

You can't add two LNBs at two different positions to point to one position. Think about it. You have an LNB pointing at 19.2, that is focussed to receive signal. If you put it elsewhere, it won't be pointing at 19.2. Just change it to the Octo if you must. I'm sure we discussed RSCS/fallback tuners before.

Think i had a brain freeze so will upgrade to an octo.I have heard but not looked into fallback tuners yet.

I use fallback in my shed to get cable, as I don't have a cable tuner on my shed box,
Its a good system.
OSmini in shed with 2 sat tuners on 28 19 and 13 with fallback for cable, house box Formular F1 with 2 sat on 28 19 and 13 and 1 cable with fallback to shed ,
So either box has 4 sat tuners and one cable,
Only problem with me only having 1 cable tuner is if both boxes are on cable it must be same channel, but in reality its never been an issue for me.

Trying to remember what i have?
New tv awaiting 2 feeds for sat.
saorview enabled.

et 10000
A -saorview disabled waiting for a new feed.
B sat 19.2
C sat 19.2
D sat from diseqc 19.2 and 13.0 from motorised.

et 8000
A sat 28.2
B saorview
C dodgy feed from motorised as in needing a new cable run

formuler f1
A -usals motor control
B sat 28.2
C says nothing connected ,need to check on that as i thought it was active :fearscream:

vu zero
sat 28.2

tm nano se
set to client mode thinking from formuler?

solo2
awaiting connection

zgemma h7s awaiting removal from box:fearscream:

wonder what i forgot.

Trying to remember what i have?
New tv awaiting 2 feeds for sat.
saorview enabled.

et 10000
A -saorview disabled waiting for a new feed.
B sat 19.2
C sat 19.2
D sat from diseqc 19.2 and 13.0 from motorised.

et 8000
A sat 28.2
B saorview
C dodgy feed from motorised as in needing a new cable run

formuler f1
A -usals motor control
B sat 28.2
C says nothing connected ,need to check on that as i thought it was active :fearscream:

vu zero
sat 28.2

tm nano se
set to client mode thinking from formuler?

solo2
awaiting connection

zgemma h7s awaiting removal from box:fearscream:

wonder what i forgot.
You need some diseqc switches, that would give you 28 and 19 on every tuner that has either atm.
Surely that would negate you needing an octo lnb,?

No as i have added to it think it was an 90cm dish with 2 quad lnbs on 13.0 and 19.2.
2 feeds to et10000 from 19.2

Still got sky dish and octo feeds to 3 rooms as when i had sky + hd
@Abu Baniaz good reminder to recheck cabling and to label identification on all cables so i know what its for.

As the formuler f1 controls the motor movement i have not moved/used the feeds much but the only feed to my et 8000 is from motorised and from dodgy cable which needs to be replaced. Hence why i wanted to upgrade fixed quad to octo lnb for 19.2 extra feeds in case motor got moved to a new home.

Now to find where my feeds are from for 13.0 as they were on a small dish now removed and put on the fixed quad lnb bracket.
Many years ago all cables were tagged with labels and fallen off.
Still have my coloured tape somewhere to wrap around them.
Blue for motorised
Red for Hotbird
White for Astra 28.2

So you have three dishes? 90cm, motorised and mini dish? You were asked to draw a diagram of your setup on another forum, please re-consider doing it. Saves all the faffing about trying to work out what you mean. It might be an idea for you to redo things properly.

You could put 28 19 and 13 all on your 90cm, I have them on a 65cm
Run them though diseqc and have all 3 at every tuner, set up fallback and cascade each box, and you would have more than enough inputs , a ridiculous amount !!!

Ruling out motorised as i know it needs a new feed cable as its damaged.

Ruling out octo on 28.2 as not used much.

I added a 90cm to give me more feeds from 19.2 quad lnb but now wanted more cable feeds added.

I did as you suggested redo things and making rooms have their fixed feeds as when i used diseqc it got fecked up with feeds and bad connections.
Still got a drum of twin and single cable as i wont cant do what i could 20 years ago.

Main room and others have plenty of cables in place so diseqc would it be of use with multi tuner boxes?
I bought 2 diseqc switches and used 1 so must be somewhere about as this could be put beside box and have the feeds there?

Draw a picture of what cabling you have, Describe what you want to achieve. Then people will advise. You will need more diseqc swithes though.

Yes, I have 28 19 and 13 at all my tuners using diseqc,
You just need the same number of diseqc switches as you want feeds, with 4 switches using quad lnbs you can have all 3 SATs at 4 tuners, and use fallback to get the feeds to your other boxes,
With 3 lnbs that's 12 inputs at every box. (kinda)
On 1 box I can watch 1 channel and record 3 more at the same time (plus 1 cable channel in my case)

I think drawing what cables i have and from where is impossible for me as i have too many cable runs and added to over all those years and will have to go around each box box to see whats hanging there and not connected as with boxes getting swapped up graded and extra tuners.

More diseqc switches i could do and add at boxes after i figure/recheck all cables behind not connected.
Think most switches are 4 way and should be enough so i could do
13.0,19.2,28.2 and a feed from motorised if dish was parked to a new location doable?

So might hold off on octo lnb,but need a new feed run from lnb on motor and a few more saorview feeds from aerial to get rid of powered aerials in rooms.
Much obliged for usefull input not even thought of.

@cactikid I think you would benefit from a multiswitch
I use one on 28 and T , so I have 28 for freesat at every TV that can use sat input.
You can also put this through a diseqc,

I dont get the point of a multiswitch as is that something that would be in the attic and sending feeds to other rooms.
I have multi feeds in most rooms with cables galore.
If i was young again the house would have been rewired properly but kept on adding to it.
Never thought i would have so many boxes and no wooden one. :notworthy: :LOL:
Only 1 tv has duel sat input,but feeds are in the room just need to recheck which cables.

A multiswitch allows you to mix a sat signal and a T signal on one cable, it then splits at the TV end, reduces the amount of cables needed to each point if you only have one sat.
So, with 2 cables to each point I have terrestrial, 28 19 and 13 by using a multiswitch and diseqc , an additional cable to my primary box also gives me cable using fallback.

,thats what i thought you meant,yes i have heard of 2 feeds to 1 cable and then out.
Most of my sat feeds are outside and saorview aerial in attic with a distribution amp to finish running cables to other room.

Back