Question regarding Sky+ HD Box and also Sky Q Box

Atari2600

Hi all

Would like to know if i could use a Sky+ HD box to view just for the free channels that are available on satellite
Could I also use the recording feature without a subscription with sky ?
Is there a way at all ?

Sky Q = can this box be used as a freeview, just use it to watch all the free channels ?
(I know the Q boxes are owned by sky, you're just renting them )

someone is selling a few second hands / recondition, just curious to get one and use it as free channels
As it looks so much better than the old ugly looking sky+ hd boxes
And again is there a way round using the recording feature ??

Thanks

Just make things simple get yourself a good enigma 2 receiver with twin sat tuners that can have an internal hdd.

Sky boxes like the older sky + hd cant access recordings unless you sub to sky.

Sky q boxes use a different lnb for their boxes.

On a sly+ HD box sly will charge you £10 a month just to use recording feature sly q boxes uses the hybrid lnb and if you don't have it no good to you so really take @Abu Baniaz advice as would work out better in the long run

Thank you guys for answering my question
After further discussions with the house owner (my dad) lool

He needs a very basic package where he can watch his Asian channels and majority of the Freeview channels to be in HD
*Rolling eyes*

So if he's wanting some sort of package that will give him his Asian channels
And for me majority of the Freeview channels to be in HD and the ability to record , I think we are best to possibly subscribe to a basic package from sky ?
I guess

Movies not bothered as I have real debrid for that
Sports I have my IPTV in my bedroom for that

Your thoughts on this please ?

I think currently sky are doing a deal £25 a month for the sky Q with entertainment pack HD pack and will be able to record and it's the nice looking sky Q vox appose to the ugly sky+ hd box

Sky lies as seen on there facebook page saying E25 with entertainment,clicking on the link says E35 and channels are crapview sd no mention of hd.
Sky Q uses a different lnb for their box and if other boxes are in use a hybrid lnb is needed.
I dont know can answer what asian channels are open via c/s.

Freeview is via aerial on roof
Freesat is via sat like BBC1Hd etc

If you do decide to go the official route, make sure you request a hybrid LNB and not just their wideband LNB. This is so you can use other receivers.

Double check if price includes the Asian channels.

Thanks guys

I'm so bloody confused ,
Do I go official sky route or do I go IPTV
I'm trialing out a few IPTV services out at the minute and some apps let you record etc
Not sure how it works as I'm using firetv

Anyone know if it is possible to record , do series link etc in IPTV services
If it can then I assume I would have to buy the shield as that has a HDD ?

Everybody is leaving Sky and as said recheck what you get for how much before pen to paper.

Might not be the app to let you record but also provider to say yes you can to be sure.

Back