Question regarding system update

HY guys I have a question regarding my Zgemma H2S box running wooshbuild ve: 4.002 and Open ATV Version 5.3 and i have a question regarding updates.

Unfortunately the supplyer of the box and N Gift seams to have gone awol and is no longer responding to any e-mails. over the past few month the channels have become a bit glitchy and once in a while the box seams to lose connection to the server for a few hours and then reconnects.

My question is that having looked through all the system setting i have noticed that there is a staggering 74 updates available to the build of the box and id like to know if i press to update will i lose my gift, and is there anything i can do to back things up in case of any issues.

An update won't loose your line details the only way you will loose everything is by having to flash your box

A few momths ago there was an OTA update that would leave the box in "boot" and would require a reflash of a newer Over nightbuild to fix, looking at the build you are on i would say this would effect you, so make sure you take a copy of the line and a full backup prior to doing the updates

Yes, boobish is 100% right and you could end up with a headache.

Backup your settings
Update to WooshBuild v5 using flash online
restore your settings
Do the updates - including any new versions of WooshBuild which may have been uploaded since.

Back