Quick question

baz2011uk

Hi

So pretty new to iptv as per my last post anyway had 2 trails so far and another tomorrow and make my decision at the weekend but so far they have been a lot better than current supplier.
My question is on 1 of the trials I was required to install stb emu to run the trial no problem with that if I take the sub then I can use my own app
Why would this be? To test on a set app
I have never used stb emu before and oh my its shocking its hard to see past the interface to take note of the product if you know what I mean
In my opinion it's not helping them with a new sub
But the product is faultless so far until you use the interface

On the trial is they anything I could be over looking
I have been looking for
channel change speed
Glitches (none so far)
Choice of HD quality
Epg

It's like learning Cs all over again I pent many hours tweekingbthe layout and picons ect but from what I have seen so far it's all done for you and done very well from what I have seen so far

Hi

So pretty new to iptv as per my last post anyway had 2 trails so far and another tomorrow and make my decision at the weekend but so far they have been a lot better than current supplier.
My question is on 1 of the trials I was required to install stb emu to run the trial no problem with that if I take the sub then I can use my own app
Why would this be? To test on a set app
I have never used stb emu before and oh my its shocking its hard to see past the interface to take note of the product if you know what I mean
In my opinion it's not helping them with a new sub
But the product is faultless so far until you use the interface

On the trial is they anything I could be over looking
I have been looking for
channel change speed
Glitches (none so far)
Choice of HD quality
Epg

It's like learning Cs all over again I pent many hours tweekingbthe layout and picons ect but from what I have seen so far it's all done for you and done very well from what I have seen so far
Its one to ask the guy you got the trial off if you have to stick to STB-Emu. Find it strange they would ask you to use that app.

It sounds odd for sure ~ "test only Available on this app", but when you buy for a year, use anything you want".

It is definitely a question for the person who you are testing from. Is it a TK veteran/VIP?
don't name them, if it is, they should be able to at least answer your question.

There’s 2 kinds of stb out there’s one where it takes mac (stb emu pro) and one where it takes user&password (Super stb) the layout of stb emu pro is shite lol.
Personally I would just straight avoid that person as no way would a provider tell you to test on a mac based app then move you onto a user and password app of your choice.
The only other thing I can think of is he offers a couple of services and put you a trial on one then move you onto another sounds max but have seen it happen before
But as ferret and wheelo has pointed out to you only the provider can answer that question for you.
I know a couple of providers do swear by particular devices especially if hardcorded panel base as easier to switch dns without been bombarded with messages

It sounds odd for sure ~ "test only Available on this app", but when you buy for a year, use anything you want".

It is definitely a question for the person who you are testing from. Is it a TK veteran/VIP?
don't name them, if it is, they should be able to at least answer your question.
Yes its a TK Vet im not to fussed as its only for testing but its a sh1t show app from what i have seen so far

There’s 2 kinds of stb out there’s one where it takes mac (stb emu pro) and one where it takes user&password (Super stb) the layout of stb emu pro is shite lol.
Personally I would just straight avoid that person as no way would a provider tell you to test on a mac based app then move you onto a user and password app of your choice.
The only other thing I can think of is he offers a couple of services and put you a trial on one then move you onto another sounds max but have seen it happen before
But as ferret and wheelo has pointed out to you only the provider can answer that question for you.
I know a couple of providers do swear by particular devices especially if hardcorded panel base as easier to switch dns without been bombarded with messages
yes its a mac login dont get me wrong the service seems spot on
i was more of why, i dont fully understand the iptv side of it so reason i asked
but the more i ask the more i will learn

Most suppliers as pointed out have a variety of apps.they would normally have at least
Xciptv or smarters some suppliers have a app store aswell.

IMO quick your question has a quick answer:

Seller does not want to expose the full url until you have committed to their service. Once you have committed to their service you have a vested interest in it, so in giving you the URL kinda reduces the risk. (If its a reseller - it's highly probable that they are not supposed to be giving out the full URL anyway).

What was their response?

if you're into your footie, get a trial that covers a 3pm kick-off, that way you'll know what it's like at the dodgiest time

IMO quick your question has a quick answer:

Seller does not want to expose the full url until you have committed to their service. Once you have committed to their service you have a vested interest in it, so in giving you the URL kinda reduces the risk. (If its a reseller - it's highly probable that they are not supposed to be giving out the full URL anyway).

What was their response?

That makes sense keeping that info secure until you commit

if you're into your footie, get a trial that covers a 3pm kick-off, that way you'll know what it's like at the dodgiest time

I'm not into football so that's a plus for me I suppose but would this not effect the complete service or is it more of a strain on the set channels its in

I did a trial with the same person i think. That app was atrocious and a bit off putting but they did say I could use Tivimate etc on an annual plan if i liked which was fair enough.. That said their streaming was faultless and no buffering whatsoever on anything. I went with another forum veteran in the end as their streaming was also faultless but had a far better and more up to date VOD and their EPG was very very good. If it wasnt for that I'd have been happy with their service, but sure as heck not using the STB Emu app.

I did a trial with the same person i think. That app was atrocious and a bit off putting but they did say I could use Tivimate etc on an annual plan if i liked which was fair enough.. That said their streaming was faultless and no buffering whatsoever on anything. I went with another forum veteran in the end as their streaming was also faultless but had a far better and more up to date VOD and their EPG was very very good. If it wasnt for that I'd have been happy with their service, but sure as heck not using the STB Emu app.
Quite a few suppliers have 2 sets of VOD. One you get when you sign up. They may also have a premium one.

VOD should be treated as a nice extra. You can't be too demanding really unless paying for a premium service.

Be lucky you got offered trials. My provider doesn't allow trials for security reasons but seems to have worked well. Whatever stops the blocks, in my opinion alot of sly agents won't pay for servers just take free trials and get server details to take down for free

Be lucky you got offered trials. My provider doesn't allow trials for security reasons but seems to have worked well. Whatever stops the blocks, in my opinion alot of sly agents won't pay for servers just take free trials and get server details to take down for free
No quite a few don't now.

Personally should only do recommendations as you won't need to do trials that way as a service should sell its self not you sell the service imo

I don't think it'd take a desperate supplier, maybe a supplier who has total faith in the service they're charging people for!
So you would compromise it and let a sly agent take it down? For the hope of them potentially taking a sub when most people use trials to watch what they want for free knowing they won't take a sub. Just need to take a look at the request thread anytime there's a big fight or game on and you will see the requests flood in. Also isps specifically have to target Premier league and 3pm kick offs according to the court order.
Personally I don't think any good iptv provider should provide a trial, if you want to test it take out a 3 month sub. Can't judge a server on one good day or one bad day

Personally should only do recommendations as you won't need to do trials that way as a service should sell its self not you sell the service imo

I agree and disagree i used a recommendation from a friend and that didn't pan out to well
I'm a long time user on here from cable days but not been on in a long time and completely out of the loop with IPTV as back then it wasn't great so the trial has helped me this week

Anybody giving tests outs for big fight is stupid.

If everybody used a VPN when watching IPTV server owners would have fewer problems. Blocks can get expensive to deal with for them.

Back