Quicktime Problem

sinno

VIP Member
Hi all,
Here is my problem,somehow don't ask me how i seem to be missing the uninstall file for this,i am trying to update quicktime and when it goes to uninstall the older version it tells me it cant find the file,is there a way around this

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
Hmm, you could perhaps try downloading the installation file again, re-install the entire software and the uninstall icon should come back, maybe it might have gotten corrupted or deleted by accident.

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
I think you'll have to re-install the entire application, i was thinking if i can grab the uninstall.exe for you, but in the past it would appear that more files are missing and it will just keep giving you errors, if you tell me the version of QuickTime player you have i will try my best to give you a link to the download..

sinno

VIP Member
Cheers Dan-ger-ous,i went at it with ashampoo uninstaller to remove it and no longer on computer but trying to install new version is still picking up old version,would system restore undo faupas

dan-ger-ous

VIP Member
You could try a system restore to see if it will make the situation easier for you, personally i dont think the uninstall file will come back as the system restore will mostly restore configuration and system preferences at a given date.

You could try Windows Clean Utility from Microsoft to help remove the traces if the program is available on the list through this program:

Code:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/
It should be able to pick up more than just Microsofts products so give it a try.

Have you tried restarting the computer after removing it with ashampoo uninstaller?

sinno

VIP Member
Thanks Dan-ger-ous,i did restart after uninstall but still showing,i know the apple stuff is notoriously difficult to remove if you dont do it in right order,i will give that program a try

axxxo

VIP Member
isnt quicktime associated with itunes? maybe if you tried updating itunes if you have it it might update quicktime along with it?

noelyf

VIP Member
You might find something here sinno :dunno:

quick time uninstaller downloads - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

EDIT - Got this elsewhere & it seemed to work :)

Ok soo, I tried downloading the new iTunes 9.0, but for some reason it won't let me because a new window will pop-up saying:

A newer version of QuickTime is already installed. This installation cannot proceed while the newer version of QuickTime is installed.

And then after I click "OK" this pops up:

The installation of QuickTime has failed. Itunes requires QuickTime.

This makes abosolute no sense to me. Soo I try installing the new Quicktime, but for some reason the same thing happens. Soo now I'm thinking maybe I should just uninstall this QuickTime. But when I do this window pops up:

A newer version of QuickTime is already installed. This installation cannot proceed while the newer version of QuickTime is installed.

What the heck?!? That makes no sense. I have also tried uninstalling it in CCleaner, but for some reason it cannot....

Delete MSI Installer.

Soo I really have no clue what to do. Please I need some help! I need it because I got a new iPod Nano(5th Genartion) for Christmas for my mom. And I accidently locked her iPod which I don't know the code at all. And the only way I can fix that is to restore it, but for that to happen I need iTunes. And now all this hoopla happens. Please I need some help! Thank you much.

Try running this download from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301. When you run the program, select only the I-Tunes installation for deletion.

Then download and uninstall I-Tunes with free: http://www.revouninstaller.com/.

Then reinstall I-Tunes. (quicktime instead of i-tunes in your case sinno)

When you download the MS uninstaller, save it to a file and run the file "As administrator" by right-clicking on the saved file name.

Last edited: