Qviart Qviart Dual 4k Uhd Linux Enigma2+Android 9.0 Combo Review & Setup Guide

Ferret.

Administrator
Staff member
Qviart Dual 4k Uhd Linux Enigma2+Android 9.0 Combo Review & Setup Guide

receiver.jpgremote1.jpg

With a spec DVB-S2X+T2/C H.265 IPTV 2GB RAM 16GB the Dual is fairly well specced to feature Android and Enigma 2 on the same receiver.

The Android side of this box is capable of using Forever SP codes. The Dual in my option is priced on the high side considering unlike the Viark range there is no attached Forever sub and you need to seek a SP code for it.

Booting up the box seem quick and the initial setup is time date and location.

Once booted we need to Flash the latest firmware.

There are two options

Qviart DUAL PT (1.07) This is to be used if you have a Dual already and have flashed PT firmware previously.Or after the install of the special firmware if you box is new.

DOWNLOAD

For most if you are setting up the dual from the box youll need the following firmware.

Qviart DUAL (Special)

DOWNLOAD

To flash this firmware is simple download it and extract the rar file to a fat32 formatted USB stick.
Insert the usb stick in the front slot of the Qviart Dual.
On your remote, navigate to Main Settings-Update-USB
Select the update bin file and press ok.

Go make a coffee or beer you'll need a beer later :ROFLMAO:

After booting youll be greeted with a very clean and well laid out UI

Android Ui.jpg

At this point we need to do a factory reset this is very important or the receiver will not behave properly.

To do this on your remote navigate to Settings-Personal-Reset
Select reset all and press ok.

Complete the basic settings and then start we can start to setup the sat side and channels.

On the front screen select Channel search.

You be greeted with this

Scan & Motor Options.jpg

If you have a motor scroll down to usuals first and enter your coordinates

Usuals Setup.jpg

Exit that and then select motor

Motor Select Sat section.jpg

On The satellite option at the top scroll <> on the remote and select all the sats on your arc and set each one to usuals and exit.

Now Select Antenna Settings.

Her first setup you LNB
Ant1Move Motor Use.jpg

Ant1Ant2.jpg

At the bottom you see the Start Search option, this has multiple choices and this is where the Dual has bugs.

Satellite search does not move the dish after hitting OK
Multi Sat Search will cause the box to freeze as you start the search.
Blind scan also freezes the Dual but a second attempt may complete it scan but its not a given.

So here is my workaround to manually search all sat positions and get the motor to move to the correct position in the arc

Ant1Move Motor Use.jpg

On the top option of the Antenna Configuration, Highlight Satellite
Press the ok button and select the first position you want to scan and press the OK button, then again this will move the dish to the correct position.
Scroll down to start search and press ok

Ant1Ant2.jpg

The search will now reliably start

Sat serach with channels.jpg

After the search completes, reboot the box fully and commence with you next search till you have completed your full arc.

I'll attach my list for those that want to save time it includes all major sats from 45e to 30w

If you need your serial number youll find that under

Main Setting-Device-About and select status and press ok.

Last edited:
The EPG on the Dual has a Nice UI but like Viark the EPG itself is not full

EPG.jpg

The remote for the box is excellent smooth operation no clicking but i could not get the learning feature to work.

remote1.jpg

From the Android UI you can boot directly into Enigma 2

E2 Android boot.jpg

Four slots are provided and ive loaded them up with my favourite e2 images

E 2 slots.jpg

On the Enigma 2 side, there are no bugs to report the dual works in the same way most multiboot image boxes would do.

The enigma 2 side is fairly quick not Octagon sf8008 quick but quick enough to deal with stream relay with no issues at all.And quicker than say a H11.

My thoughts on making this box a real winner are fixing the bugs on the Android side.

Fix the freezing on Multi Sat search and blind scan.
With the blind scan im positive, the freeze occurs when the box tries to add the new TP's found to the database.
EPG need to be more complete, an issue with most Forever boxes which never seems to get fixed.
Putting the box into standby with the remote does not work.

Attachments

• Ferret's Dual Motor List 45e-30w.rar
    250.4 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Do you think it is possible to extract the APK for SP and port it to other boxeS?

also given that it runs enigman and android, i think it would be far better choice once it Foreber gets cracked down. You can still utilize the rest and not become vaporware

New Full Motor List

55 East to 30 West No major sat positions missing this time but im still hung over 😂

All positions were done under blind scanning option.

Install list under Backup and Load options.
Set your USUALS coordinates and your good to go on a Universal LNB.

Took some doing this with all the Dual's scanning issues, so i hope it helps some of you set up quickly.

Attachments

• Ferret Qviart Dual Full Motor List 55 East to 30 West.rar
    396.1 KB · Views: 2
I have now had my dual for 48 hours and had a chance to play with the box. Here are my initial thoughts on this box.

The box is really nice and compact infact its the same size at the viarks sat 4k so much smaller than boxes like the solo 4k.

I had Ferrets guide at hand on how to flash the new android images 1.04 special and then 1.06, but the difference was that when I first booted my box it booted into what looks like a base version of open atv. This image did not give me access to plugins ect as the internet connection seemed amiss. Clicking on menu, then standby/restart I have the option to dual mode. Clicking this allowed me to boot into android.

I followed the ferrets guide including factory resettng before and after each software install, once done I choose to install the already done channel list and just put my usals information into the box. Once I had the main menu on screen I could not seem to work out how to get into the channels on screen. This is the strange one and what you actually do is press EXIT from the main area where all the Apps are and it takes you back into the channel listings. Pushing groups then satellites allows you to change the satellites and choose the different sat channels.

Pushing menu at any time takes you back into the apps menu where you can easily install our own iptv apps. I put mine on a usb stick and stuck it in the front usb slot, the usb stick was reconized and I just used the built in filemanager to install my app. All working fine. Its pretty quick just not nvidia shield quick.

Another nice touch but not shown is that if you push the yellow button in android it turns the remote into an air mouse.

Now back to enigma 2, from the menu on the android side I booted into slot number one which was the openatv image. The image was the same no access to the internet but what I had done was take some advise on setting up the multiboot. I had access to the box via dcc so could tell net into the image. I put a usb stick in the back of the box and mounted the usb stick. I then downloaded the latest pure2e images which end in mmc.zip. There is no need to extract the images so I just ftp'd the image over to hdd >mount. Then pressing menu, software management, flash local/online image then push green to expand it gave me the option to select the dual-pure26.5 image and I then followed the instructions and chose slot 2 and it flashed the image. After this I pressed menu, standby/restart and chose the option to multiboot and booted into the puree2 image.

After booting into the box I just set the image as I would any other e2 image. This box is fast on the e2 side and I would say its as fast as my solo 4k if not faster. By setting my box up it a similar way to as I do with the solo 4k I have no problems access the icam channels on 19.2. The real difference I found was when leaving the icam channels to go back to a normal channel on that satellite it switches back very quickly where as my solo 4k take a good few seconds. After this i went onto flash a working openatv image into slot one.

I have since worked out that you do not have to mount a usb stick to be able to set up the other slots in the multiboot. Just stick the image on a usb stick in the front on the machine and follow the instructions above from the pressing menu and then software management section.

Now one problem I have found is that some of the later e2 images the remote is not responding correctly. I have open atv 6.4 in slot 1, pure2 6.5 and egami 10.3 all working fine, but on Slot 4 cobraliberosat team 24/5/23. I was stuck on the first page of the the new image and no functions working. I had access to telnet so reboot the box but all this did was reboot back into the image. I had to think then I realised that if you access the webif via your computers browser there is a vitual keyboard. This worked perfectly and I just exited all the menu's and went into the multiboot option and rebooted back into the openatv image in slot one. All now working fine again. :)

It seems very few (if anybody) is aware of this, so I thought I would share the info.

If you power the box off at the rear and then on again (or shutdown / restart the box), when the display shows boot you have a few options.

As soon as boot is displayed (not before):

Repeatedly pressing OK on the remote control will boot recovery mode, you know it has worked when the display changes to RECO (although it looks more like AECO), from here you can boot any slot (provided the slot is not corrupted), reflash any slot (via network or usb) or boot Android. Sometimes it takes a few attempts, if you start pressing before "boot" shows then it seems not to work and if you start pressing too late, again it doesn't seem to work.

Repeatedly pressing 0 on the remote control will boot Android.

Repeatedly pressing 1 on the remote control will boot Enigma2 slot 1.

Repeatedly pressing 2 on the remote control will boot Enigma2 slot 2.

Repeatedly pressing 3 on the remote control will boot Enigma2 slot 3.

Repeatedly pressing 4 on the remote control will boot Enigma2 slot 4.

Also worth noting, that if the Android image becomes corrupted (bootloop), then you have to restore the Android image, starting with the factory image (currently 5.0) then updating to 1.0.4 (special) and then 1.0.6 assuming you wish to use the PT firmware.

However when you have to recover android, only Enigma2 Slot 1 will then boot, slots 2,3,4 will all need to be flashed again, so it's a good idea to make regular full backups of all enigma2 slots, and I would suggest it's better to keep your most used (favourite) image in Slot 1, as there is less chance of loosing this slot if Android gets into a bootloop (although it can still happen).

Anyway hope this info is of use to some of you with this box.

I spent the evening last night playing with the dual. It was an interesting time, I was messing around with the blind scan on the android side testing as I have heard that there could be issues of it hanging and not responding., In testing i find that the blind scan does seem to work other than if you select all channels. I think it runs out of memory when all channels are selected. (I could be completely wrong but during tests previously it hung at around 9 mins when selecting all channels). Selecting hd or scrambled channels see's the dual fly-through. Whilst I was testing the box another thing I could not get the dish to drive to 19e. It kept going to 13e and then to 28e. So i eventually reloaded ferrets channel list. I found the channel list had to be in a folder on the usb as having the database on the root of the usb stick it would not see it. I would be interested to see if the sky de channels on 19.2 are showing up in anyone's channel list as the one i uploaded did not have them. I did a blind scan and found loads of new transponders and when scanning them lots of sky de all came in. After the scan was done I put the channels into a-z order and they disappeared 🤣 Anyone like to check this with me. Another issue i found was the audio button that was working on the 3dots has vanished too.

On the E2 side when i boot out of android and go say to mtv 80's on thor booting into openatv the picture seems to be zoomed in each time. A quick change of channels cures the problem 🆒

At least its a bit of fun.

So here is the list.

53e-30w Blind scan on all the major sat positions.

Very frustrating to do this with the duals Android scanning issues, either freezing during scans or booting you out mid scan.

There is also the issue of the Dual not always sending the dish to the correct position, so if you find channels that should not be under a specific sat or a sat positon missing well hard lines :ROFLMAO: Scan the arc yourself. :grin: you dont have to use this list 😝

Main reason for this and it seems to effect mainly sats on the west side, you send the dish west it goes east and starts to scan. My remote has been flung around the room on a number of occasions. This happens on either of my Usuals dishes.

I think i may have upset the Dual and its getting back on me for disturbing it from it's usual role of propping the dinning room door open :unsure:

List was made with universal LNB setup.

Install list with backup & load option from a usb stick

Setup your usuals coordinates and reboot.

Attachments

• Ferret Qviart Dual Full Motor List 53 East to 30 West 16-07-23.rar
    446.6 KB · Views: 5
Hi Ferret do you still need to load firmware - Qviart DUAL (1.04) (Special) out the box? as links above are dead !

Thanks

Lee

Back