Rabbithole EPL

Nice find! Is there a working Android TV version of the app? I’ve had a look on APKPure but can only see the mobile android version which doesn’t usually work on Firestick/Cube.

Also, what does the quality look like? Going by the description it sounds like 720p at 25/30fps? Great to hear it has English comms. 👍
Had android tv app as using it in shield but not looked for firestick/cube as I don't have either device pal...might have to try a few from apkpure type sites

Hi everyone, long time lurker I assume you can only set as HD with live content I could not see a way of doing it with the highlights this is on the shield tv

Hi everyone, long time lurker I assume you can only set as HD with live content I could not see a way of doing it with the highlights this is on the shield tv
I don't think there is an option on the shield...I think it auto plays at HD for both contents...only seen the option to change on mobile.

Has anyone tried installing this app on Firestick/Cube? I’ve installed version 3.5.0 and it appears to run ok but as soon as I turn on the VPN the app loses connection!? It loads thumbnails etc when VPN is off (although I assume it won’t play the streams if I had a sub) but once I turn the VPN on the app then says it has no connection.

I’ve closed and reloaded the app, cleared data, cache etc and still same.

Very strange as no other app has had this issue for me. I tried older versions of the app but no luck there either.

Has anyone tried installing this app on Firestick/Cube? I’ve installed version 3.5.0 and it appears to run ok but as soon as I turn on the VPN the app loses connection!? It loads thumbnails etc when VPN is off (although I assume it won’t play the streams if I had a sub) but once I turn the VPN on the app then says it has no connection.

I’ve closed and reloaded the app, cleared data, cache etc and still same.

Very strange as no other app has had this issue for me. I tried older versions of the app but no luck there either.
I installed 3.5.0 on my 2nd Gen Fire TV Cube and, with a VPN connected (I tried both ExpressVPN and Surfshark) then the app would not work, I was merely presented with a blue spinning circle. Having said that, I don’t know how I’d have even logged in to the Rabbithole app on the Cube as I used my Google account to buy Rabbithole.

I have successfully installed it on my 2019 Nvidia Shield TV and it works OK with Surfshark. The PQ of the EPL highlights looks SD to me but for £4.40 for 6 months I’m not complaining.

I installed 3.5.0 on my 2nd Gen Fire TV Cube and, with a VPN connected (I tried both ExpressVPN and Surfshark) then the app would not work, I was merely presented with a blue spinning circle. Having said that, I don’t know how I’d have even logged in to the Rabbithole app on the Cube as I used my Google account to buy Rabbithole.

I have successfully installed it on my 2019 Nvidia Shield TV and it works OK with Surfshark. The PQ of the EPL highlights looks SD to me but for £4.40 for 6 months I’m not complaining.
Yep same - I also have the 2nd gen cube. My VPNs are Nord and PIA and the app just loses connection with both of those if I enable them. The app has a connection when no VPN is active. It’s like it can’t read the switchover once VPN connection is made on Firetstick/Cube. Very odd.

Good to know it’s working with the shield though! 👍 Makes me wish I bought one of those instead of the cube now. 😂

Rabbithole showed a live Cricket match yesterday (UAE v Bangladesh).

The good news is that I didn’t observe any of the buffering that so many reviewers of Rabbithole mentioned in their Google Play reviews although I did see the odd stutter, no spinning blue circles of doom though.

However, the PQ on my Nvidia Shield TV is decidedly low res SD though, with no obvious way of changing the stream quality in the app. If you think of some of the overly compressed niche channels on Freeview then you’re on the right track I think.

I’m guessing that Rabbithole must be intended mostly for use on mobile devices, I’m sure it would look just fine on a phone. I still think it’s worth £4 though 👍

Anyone know which VPN gets Bangladesh? Might look into this
I’m using Surfshark and it works great. The picture quality of the live game (Arsenal v Spurs) looks better today to my eye, certainly better than the highlights videos pictures that I seen this week. I didn’t experience any buffering at all during the first half.

I’m using Surfshark and it works great. The picture quality of the live game (Arsenal v Spurs) looks better today to my eye, certainly better than the highlights videos pictures that I seen this week. I didn’t experience any buffering at all during the first half.
It's funny you say that because to me, it is the worst quality paid stream I've used, on the shield TV it's a pixelated mess using surfshark and express vpn personally i won't be continuing to subscribe even at it's cheap price.

It's funny you say that because to me, it is the worst quality paid stream I've used, on the shield TV it's a pixelated mess using surfshark and express vpn personally i won't be continuing to subscribe even at it's cheap price.
You’re right, it’s not great quality but it’s not as bad as the highlights videos that I watched in the week, they looked like pretty low resolution SD. To me it looks like Rabbithole is designed to mostly watch on mobile devices, it probably looks fine on a phone!

Anyone check Rabbithole at 3pm yest wondering if they showed all the 3pm kickoffs..was away so didn't get a chance to check?

Anyone check Rabbithole at 3pm yest wondering if they showed all the 3pm kickoffs..was away so didn't get a chance to check?
I didn’t watch the 3pm games but going by what the app stated earlier it seemed they were showing 2 games - Crystal Palace v Chelsea and Liverpool v Brighton.

The Rabbithole app on Nvidia Shield has recently been updated. There is now a new layout and HD has also been added, the PQ of the EPL highlights videos look much better (to my eye anyway!).

Anyone who has this - how many Prem games did they show yesterday? Did they have them all?

Also, any luck with a working FireStick/Cube app yet?

They showed 4 games yesterday - Brentford v Spurs, Leicester v Newcastle, Aston Villa v Liverpool and Arsenal v West Ham. Unfortunately the PQ was terrible again, so much for adding HD! Today they are showing Chelsea v Bournemouth and Man Utd v Nottingham Forest.

I still use an Nvidia Shield, I haven’t tried it on my Fire TV Cube since my last failed attempt, the VPN just wouldn’t stay active at the same time as running the Rabbithole app.

Back