RANT RANT RANT!!! banks make me RANT!!!

Linny40

TK LADY VETERAN
GRRRR Banks n credit cards - FFFFFFFFFFFFF

Used hubbys card online yesterday and it got declined! WHY we have no idea - 3 times this happened with 3 different cards.
I used the card BUT it was his card in his name - same account but he is the main account holder.
Tried to ring both bank and CC company - all same stupid company but different departments.
BUT they wont talk to me coz i dont have authorisation on the account But i have had for over 20 yrs - They cant send out a form until HE rings them and they cant tell me why our cards were declined. Same thing happens any time i need to ring them, keep getting told i dont have authorisation- but he ring us and they tell him i have - WTF???
Stupid thing is i can use either mine or his card - i set up the online accounts an can see there is no problem but they wont talk to me coz im not MR.
So all this fraud n data protection is a load of &^%&
coz if you give me your card details i can get into your account and spend on your card, online or in a store if i have your pin and no one bats an eyelid, But try to ring them to sort out a problem and im stuffed

Im having a very stressful day and its only 10.30AM lol

someone help me :):):):)

Its the same here linny lol even for me to disscuss our bills if I have to ring them up if its my husbands name on the bill they won't discuss it with me.
He had to give them permission to discuss the bills with me lmao I'm the one who sets up everything does all the behind the scenes work and the one who'd be in a situation to ring them (cause he's more than likely in work) and they would'nt talk to me without his say so LOL Yet I can go into bank with his card and pin no. and lodge money and no one bats an eye that I am not the person named on that card and have his pin no. what a joke.

Best help I can give sit down relax and have a cuppa LOL sorry :)

it is its outrageous!!! Like you i do everything here - hubby works long hours and some weekends and i sort out bills pay everything - all he does it tells me what to pay and when. i SPEND all the money lol even my son can use our cards and no one bats an eyelid!
He jsut about knows how to use the phone. So now im working tonite and gotta leave him all the details ( and tell him what to say) coz the cc companys tell me they are there 24/7 so he can ring any time. but the last thing he wants to do is come home from work late - tired n hungrey and have to ring the banks etc
But he gave them permission years ago but they say they dont have it. so now he has to ask them for a disclosure for authorisation form that we both needto sign, but they wont sen it until he rings them and goes thro security. you know what ive just emailed them via the accounts
THEY WILL ANSWER ME LOL LOL :bang head: :band head:

cuppa ................................... i NEED A DRINK LOL!!!!

they wonder why when they ring up to talk to him i tell them......................................................... sorry for data protection/security reasons i cant tell you where he is or when hes home lol! If they wont talk to me then they dont get to talk to him.

IM the BOSS!!!!! :):):)

he just goes to work to earn the money, my job as a wife is to organise the finances and pay the bills and SPEND SPEND SPEND....................................................normal is most household me finks!!

lol and im thinking of getting married thats not a good advert linny. have that drink after reading that i need one now.

lol and im thinking of getting married thats not a good advert linny. have that drink after reading that i need one now.

aww sorry hunny lol! i did say most households - not all lol!
Just be aware - even if you got same name you still need to get authorisation for the "other" person to talk to anyone on your behalf, so even if is a joint account and both monies go into it they want to speak to the main account holder.

well ive now emailed them from HIS email account about his account on his card that i used lol - and i know they will respond.

so who is wrong now - me for using his details - coz hes my hubby etc etc or them for accepting the email, not knowing who sent it or if anyone has permission, them or shops for not checking the name on the card when using it in stores or online.

Dee i could give you all hubbys details and you can ring them - assuming you have a masculine voice and they will tell you anything you want to know!! Where the security in that??????????????? - coz he would know nothing about it. And if you took all his money - then who would be in the wrong - them for believing you are him or him for not knowing whats going on.
See i can get petty and cause an argument if thats what they want LOL

2 many cups of coffee now lol!

Now not sure if im correct here but in MY book legally i married him so everything thats his is MINE HEEHEEHEEHEE ( and vice vera of course - but i got Jack :) )

LOL i no wot your on about i used the others card when getting food on saturday nite just punched in her pin and was`nt asked a thing. the prat at the counter even checked the card, as iv a skin head no breasts i don`t realy look like an emma. lol

^^^^^^ LOL^^^^^ i got a customer looks just like you, but she is she!.................. took us a while to realise - actually we got 2 customers like that! both butch lol! funny enough both got same name Kim and when we knew their names it didnt help as Kim is unisex lol!

just shows you tho if they looked at card - thats all they do look but couldnt tell you whats on card - probably cant read lol!

lol i no a few butch ladies, i had cash on me and emma was sitting in the car outside but we could of been anyone, did`nt help that they were immigrants. so as you said they probaly could`nt read it as they struggle with the language.

bloody jobsworths, it was the same here when ntl wouldn't speak to me as the bill was in the good ladies name, the rules these people play by are maddening, and the security reasons are nonsense. all it takes is someone of the correct sex to speak to them and then they will relax thir rules.

exactly! so where is the security in that - jeeeeeeees my son could have been Mr hes 17 and not got a very manly voice - sounds like a young teenager rather than someone older, but hed have got away with talking to them coz his voice is more manly than mine!!
sorry gonna start on the "other side now" these immigrants as Dee said take our jobs and our pay and cant even read the language to do the bloody job right, and yes the people i spoke to were shall we say Asian sounding - i had trouble understanding them, yet they tell me i cant talk to them about my hubbys accounts!!! its all bo-lox!!!!

Back