Rapper Drake pulls UK tour due to a 'family emergency'

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Canadian rapper Drake has postponed his forthcoming UK tour dates due to a "family emergency".

430.jpg

Drake has postponed his UK
appearences due to a 'family
emergency'

The Grammy-nominated artist, whose debut album recently went to number 1 in the US, was due to play headline shows in Europe as well as perform at festivals.

In a statement he said: "Despite my best hopes, it is apparent that my mother will need surgery earlier than anticipated.

"In light of this news, I have made the difficult decision to cancel my European tour in order to support her during her recovery."

Rescheduled dates

A headline show scheduled in London has now been rescheduled for November, with promoters advising fans to hold onto their tickets.

However, his appearences at the Wireless, Oxegen and T In The Park festivals will not take place.

In a message to fans he added: "I ask everyone to please respect my family's privacy during this time."

Drake only recently made his UK live debut with a string of shows supporting Jay-Z.

Earlier this month, in its first week of release his debut album Thank Me Later sold 447,000 copies in the US.

Back