Raspberry Pi Retro Gaming Bundle

Sweet ! The Pi's are handy enough arent they! How does the Pi 2 perform there? I've got the Pi 3. theres a LOT of settings to sort out in Retropie to get it setup right.. it's all good fun though!

Yeah man KODI is a nice little bonus,, I havent had time to set it up yet, need to sort a keyboard and mouse !

I just use a all in one usb keypad with touch pad it seems to do the job but like I said I haven't messed around with it too much it sits in the bedroom and probably use it once a month, a waste realy so I could do with making use of it and start a new project or maybe buy the setup you have it looks pretty cool.

To be honest you could probably just buy the pi3 on its own, theres a lot of stuff in that package most of us have already, hdmi, micro usb powered, usb controllers, ethernet cable etc. If I was buying one again i'd probably just get the Pi3 board and one of those sexy 3d printed cases for it.

Sweet ! The Pi's are handy enough arent they! How does the Pi 2 perform there? I've got the Pi 3. theres a LOT of settings to sort out in Retropie to get it setup right.. it's all good fun though!
it performs well on the classics,
space invaders, donkey kong, pacman etc,
struggles a bit on the later games, especially 2 player ones, but double dragon is playable in 2 player mode,
so its good up to maybe 1988 games,
I've got the screen set up as a vertical, as that suits the games I play mostly.
I couldnt get on with retropie, way too complicated for what I wanted,
I've added a pic of the prototype, lol , made with a basic Pi , and it plays fine

arcade2.jpg arcade prototype.jpg

Hmm I found it a tad shady , it's fun don't get me wrong .. I'm now going down the 'Everdrive' route and I've bought a 60 hz modded Megadrive! No emulation :)

Back