Raspberry pi

Gedphones

Hey folks, I recently purchased a Raspberry Pi2 from digital living room. The reason I got it was we were getting our living room decorated and I was told to get rid of my CDs. I ripped them all to a hard drive and installed an app on my phone and tablet that let's me play my music from the hd through my my hifi system. The Pi was more or less plug and play so I did not have to install any software etc which was a blessing as I'm not the most technically minded.
Now, I have been looking at getting an android tv box with kodi as I am fed up paying Sly subs. Reading certain forums some boxes get a bad wrap and a few folk say raspberry is the way to go. Install kodi/xmbc and we're laughing.
However when looking up guides formatting SD cards comes into the equation. So my question is this. Can I use my current pi and install xmbc/kodi without removing the software that lets me listen to my music or will I have to get another pi. Also us the Pi any better than an android box with xmbc pre loaded.
Cheers Ger

Personally I would stick with a pi. More devs work on Pi than android boxes so your are guaranteed support for a good while. Add to the fact there are so many android boxes out there and more coming means support for your particular box gets more difficult to find.

Have a look at openelec, kodi is integrated in. I use it on my pi2 and I honestly cant fault it. I only use if for streaming films and tv but works flawlessly.

You could just get another micro sd card and swap when needed. RPi2 is a better spend than android boxes imo.

Back