Really confused

Baldlygo

I have been using an h2s for two years and have been very happy with its performance. In my main TV viewing room, I've had a Humax box for four years. The Humax went faulty last November and cost 75 UK pounds to fix. It has now gone faulty again and rather than spending another 75 plus on a fix I am thinking of getting another Zgemma to replace it. I would be happy with another h2s but since things have been moving on I have been looking at H9s - this is where my confusion comes in.
I could go for a second-hand h2s for 40 pounds but am tempted by a new H9 but do not know if the cheaper H9 twin will do all my h2s does (It only has one satellite cable socket). I also like the idea of a plugin hard drive on the H9.2s. I have no need for 4k atm but I like the sound of more processing power/speed.
I've read posts reporting that there have been lots of trouble with the H9s but not what sort of troubles. I have also read ones from people that are very happy with them.

Thanks linesman66 - yes the H9twin looks the best all round. Where I'm confused is the difference between models. What does a £127 H9 give me that a £68 does not have. I still do not understand why the cheaper version only has one dish cable. Sorry to be so uninformed :(

Thanks linesman66 - yes the H9twin looks the best all round. Where I'm confused is the difference between models. What does a £127 H9 give me that a £68 does not have. I still do not understand why the cheaper version only has one dish cable. Sorry to be so uninformed :(
Alot more hassle then a cheaper box does lol.
Didn't people report problems with the h9 and the h9twin having problems with reflashing ect

My h2s has 2 tuners and two cables from the dish which enables me to record two channels simultaneously. The H9,2s is a twin tuner satellite box but only has one dish cable. I'm sure I am missing something basic but I am struggling.

H9s is a single tunner One satellite cable
H92s has two tunners Two satellite cables
H9twin Has two tunners Two satellite cables
H9twin is 84 pound delivered and flashed with
What ever image you want
H92s is 66 pound delivered and flashed with
What ever image you want
The h9s is 56 pound delivered
As far as speed they both have quad core Processor
With the H9twin you can use 2.5 sata hard drive The other spec is the 8GB EMMC Flash, compared to only 256mb NAND flash on the H9.2S.

Delivered from where, the zgemma site, thinking of getting the h9 twin sat and selling my h2h, h5 and dreambox.

Think I will go for the H9twin. I will need it posted to France and I'm not sure of the Firmbuild to ask for - I will be wanting to install Wooshbuild.

Edit - Now ordered and on its way to France :laughing:

Last edited:
Back