Really not a noob......

shokka9

Hi guys

Okay, let me start at the beginning. I bought my box from a guy, paid him a years sub. All good, and now it's almost expired, you can kinda guess where this is going..

So, I thought I would prepare for 'leaving' him and going solo. Easy as pie.

However, I had one issue, he changed the password on the FTP, as well as making his own image of sorts. So, I went via the explorer to locate my keys /usr/keys/newcamd.list

I did make a full image backup; and restored it successfully to make sure I backed up okay if needs be in the future.

I took photo's of it, and compared it to what I could see here. Seems, okay. I wanted to try a different image. I went for the WhooshBuild, as it seemed the nicest and a great install technique.

I flashed the image, no problem, it's up and running with no problem.

Then it came to the adding of the newcamd, which I had made a .list for, and stuck on my USB. I opened USB CAM Importer, and it read my USB fine, confirmed the key was added.

Guess what!? I wasn't on Sky 1!! So, nothing happened. I then went to Sky 1, redid it. Nothing, still black screen on all the Sky channels.

I then decided to FTP, as I could on this image. Copied out the .list, and it looks fine. I even navigated to it on the box. Opened it up, and it looks exactly how it did on my previous image (the guys custom one).

So, I am at a loss. Maybe I have to restart and do it again?

But I doubt it. I'm buying new keys tomorrow, maybe when I see them, I will see my mistake?

I'm no noob at hacking things (feel free to google me). I used to do a bit on WinMo, Android, and other stuff. But this is 'new' to me. Hence following the guide on Whoosh's site.

If anyone wants to assist, please PM me.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Last edited:
Restarted multiple times.

The code could be the wrong format? But I doubt that if its accepted and crates a newcamd.list?

Also; on my key, I've got 2 lines:

CWS = vm.server
CWS = tv.server

I remember asking him questions, and he mentioned virtualisation.

Is it possible he is checking the build at his end and as I'm now on a different build, it's blocked my access?

I'm going to get a new code today. Which is why I've done all this in the first place.

Think I need to edit the .cfg file......

Last edited:
does sound like a config file error, the image/build used has no impact on how the line works other than the line format & the cam used, IF you want to pm me your line details & an email address I can check your line for you & send in correct format

Last edited:
Update - put the new line in (for testing).

Worked straight away. Looks like my mission is over.

Thanks Techkings!

Back