Recommend me a box please.

Formuler boxes are for IPTV/android etc

Anything with enigma 2 will work well, you can create customised bouquets. I have set one up for my grandma who is 90+. The more you spend, the snappier the box will be, but the basic functionality will remain the same.

If you want to record, then best to go with a twin tuner box.

right , i think any e2 box with a base image on it will work with no more set up than tuning for just tv , obviously you need a box with the right Ariel connections on the back i am sure you know.

Thanks. Yeah I know I need one with a sat input!

Formuler boxes are for IPTV/android etc

Anything with enigma 2 will work well, you can create customised bouquets. I have set one up for my grandma who is 90+. The more you spend, the snappier the box will be, but the basic functionality will remain the same.

If you want to record, then best to go with a twin tuner box.

Thanks.

I don’t really record anything right now as I tend to just use the catch-up service either on the TV itself or on the nvidia shield.

I’m torn to be honest between just getting an aerial installed and using the TV’s built in freeview or getting a new sat box.

Ah right you seem well set up for sports etc what you want , in that case i would get a aerial installed and use freeview tv be same cost or less than a good mid range box, keep it nice and simple , one less thing to go wrong! :smiley:

Theres plenty of decent indoor Aerials on ebay, I bought a digital amplified indoor one for a tenner, a few weeks back, picks up every channel available, no matter where you put it, the cable is very long so plenty of leeway, gets me all the freeview channels including all the RTE ones, which are hard to get with an indoor aerial, best tenner I have spent in a long time.

Back