Recommend me a dish!

waqy

Getting some roofing done on the property soon, so I'll need to take down my dish and motor for a couple of weeks.

I'm replacing the motor as its been giving me issues, but I was thinking of getting a new dish too.

What's the difference between a mesh dish, and a standard one?

I currently have a (approx) 110cm H by 100cm W dish. If I downgrade to a 90cm dish, would I lose much?

Based in SE, latitude 51.55

Size is king yes you will loose what is fringe to you now.

If your dish is up high dont go for a mesh one ive seen them fold when in exposed areas in storm conditions.

They designed the clamp to give way in case of extreme wind. It was very difficult for me to keep it in exact position without slipping. There isn't a pivot bolt like on other dishes.

It is good that different opinions are offered for the OP to make an informed decision.

The OP has a Triax dish from what I could make out from a picture in one of his posts.

@Abu Baniaz Yeah, that's correct. I have a Triax dish but the dish angle part at the rear is giving me issues now.

Might go for the Technomate dish for the same reason you mentioned, as the pivot bolt would be sturdier.

Do we have any recommended suppliers on here, or should I just hit up eBay etc?

You could try Alltrade they do a wide selection of
Reception materials Satellite dishes l.n.bs

They designed the clamp to give way in case of extreme wind. It was very difficult for me to keep it in exact position without slipping. There isn't a pivot bolt like on other dishes.

It is good that different opinions are offered for the OP to make an informed decision.

The OP has a Triax dish from what I could make out from a picture in one of his posts.
100% agree with you on this, up a ladder 20ft up you struggle with the lack of hands to set the declination, as you bolting it up it will drift from less than perfect. It can be done but frustrating up a ladder.

100% agree with you on this, up a ladder 20ft up you struggle with the lack of hands to set the declination, as you bolting it up it will drift from less than perfect. It can be done but frustrating up a ladder.
I find it frustrating enough even when I'm able to stand right next to it.

If you haven't secured it properly, it loosen up after a few direction changes :rage:

I've got an 80cm Triax dish. If I were buying it again today I might go for the 97cm Technomate instead, so that would be my suggestion.
Thanks.

Yeah i'm gonna go for a Technomate.

The Triax angle part is just so frustrating as it has no locking mechanism.

I woke up this morning and it had slid down by 10-15 degress on its and the LNB was almost vertically pointing :laughing:

The TD110 is razor sharp in places, need to be wearing gloves when fitting and a pig to set up compared to the smaller triax of old.

Last edited:
Getting some roofing done on the property soon, so I'll need to take down my dish and motor for a couple of weeks.

I'm replacing the motor as its been giving me issues, but I was thinking of getting a new dish too.

What's the difference between a mesh dish, and a standard one?

I currently have a (approx) 110cm H by 100cm W dish. If I downgrade to a 90cm dish, would I lose much?

Based in SE, latitude 51.55
The issues may not necessarily be caused by your motor.

Back