Recommendation for new box?

tdvguy

So I've returned my abox A4 which I paid £45 for. It's unfortunate as it has official android TV, but it kept lagging and some apps don't work properly.

I'm looking to spend £50 on a new device that will keep being updated for the next few years. I was thinking about the fire stick 4k. Only problem is that it doesn't allow a usb connection as I like to load my own media.

Anything else worth looking at?

You can still get the 4K fire stick and side load apps using adblink,apptoandroid or something similar to transfer your own .apk files very easy to do bud.

You can always use adb link to sideload apps on 4k fire stick if wanting android box I would go for something with at least 2-3 gig ram minimum mate anything lower will struggle

By sideload apps, do you guys mean installing apks that can't be done directly? Thats not my issue.

It's that I would like to playback media on an external hard drive that's connected to the box and unfortunately the fire stick doesn't have that function which is understandable given that it's the size of a usb itself.

That's what we meant Android box with 2-3 gig ram a zgemma i55 box with sky look will play your content and your epg linked so looks like a sly box nvada shield but depends on budget mate

Pretty sure you can get a otg cable to plug in give you more usb peripherals. Just make sure you get a powered one.

I have Q-Box Plus Quad Core 4GB+32GB Android 8.1 TV 4K HD Smart Media Player WI-FI HDMI very good box 40 pounds
eBay item number:

I have Q-Box Plus Quad Core 4GB+32GB Android 8.1 TV 4K HD Smart Media Player WI-FI HDMI very good box 40 pounds
eBay item number:
Hi. With this box, do you find that Kodi loads up fairly quickly. I do not use Kodi a lot, but on my MXQ box, it takes a load to load anything.

Cheers

I've just been looking at replacing my aging chinese android box. Tanix TX2, which is still quite capable, but I'm finding more apps that refuse to work on it (specifically All4 - claimed the box had root, and NowTV - doesn't work on devices with HDMI outputs).

I looked at a Chromecast streaming from an old tablet, but hate the idea of having to leave the tablet screen in the corner of the room, duplicating the image on the TV.

Is there such a box that can use all the legal streaming services (Netflix, Amazon, iPlayer, NowTV, etc.), and still let me put the dodgier apps on?

Or better yet, a Satellite STB running Android?

Been using a 4k firestick for a while and very impressed with it. I have a zgemma i55 coming but depending on how things go I may stick with the firestick.

Back