WooshBuild Recommendations Guy`s on Image Build Please

polosolo

Hello Guy`s ,
I need some advice Please.
I have a VU+Ultimo and it`s not been used for a number of years since Vermin cable went Black. :cry: Now I was looking to get some use of of this old wardog and use it as a backup.
I had openATV 6.4 and installed the wooshbuild infinity on this moons ago and it worked very well for Freeview etc, Now something is f@@ked and I get no reception on the build. me thinks it`s woosh software is f@@ked up on the device, So I am wanting to install a fresh image, Please can anyone recommend a build? I want to use this for Freeview . I have a cable tuner and a Sat duel tuner configuration.
I was going to just install the latest Nightly build openatv-7.2-vuultimo-20230417_usb on this box , But Not too sure what to do next as it`s been years since I messed with it.
A nice sly friendly interface would be nice or something similar. Any recommendations or feedback most welcome Guy`s. Thank you.

Best Regards,

Hello Guy`s ,
I need some advice Please.
I have a VU+Ultimo and it`s not been used for a number of years since Vermin cable went Black. :cry: Now I was looking to get some use of of this old wardog and use it as a backup.
I had openATV 6.4 and installed the wooshbuild infinity on this moons ago and it worked very well for Freeview etc, Now something is f@@ked and I get no reception on the build. me thinks it`s woosh software is f@@ked up on the device, So I am wanting to install a fresh image, Please can anyone recommend a build? I want to use this for Freeview . I have a cable tuner and a Sat duel tuner configuration.
I was going to just install the latest Nightly build openatv-7.2-vuultimo-20230417_usb on this box , But Not too sure what to do next as it`s been years since I messed with it.
A nice sly friendly interface would be nice or something similar. Any recommendations or feedback most welcome Guy`s. Thank you.

Best Regards,
It will work fine as a Freeview and Freesat box if you have an aerial and dish connected to it, or just one or the other.

If you want one of the older skins then Grogbuild utilising openatv 6.4 will suit your needs.

Newer images cannot use wooshbuild or Grogbuild and I'm not sure if the sky skins are available for them.

Just came across this chat folks. I am looking for a new build also that I can run on Openatv 7.3. I can add the Sly skin after in the plugins. I upgraded the box (zgemma h5) last night and was going to add the skin but no matter what I do its not showing on the list and when I ftp it to the box I am getting error messages so having come from using wooshbuild infinity for years I would like something newer and similar if that is available perhaps? Again, been a while since I tinkered with the Zgemma box...

Teflon

There is no build that uses OpenAtv above 6.4.

Best thing to do is install OpenATV and build it with the plugins and skin you actually need.

There is no build that uses OpenAtv above 6.4.

Best thing to do is install OpenATV and build it with the plugins and skin you actually need.
Thanks for that. Any reason there isn't anything after 6.4 Ferret? Any advantages to upgrading to 7.3 then?

I'm just looking really for FTA and Saorview channels with a sly-q skin as the family are used to that.

cheers

Thanks for that. Any reason there isn't anything after 6.4 Ferret? Any advantages to upgrading to 7.3 then?

I'm just looking really for FTA and Saorview channels with a sly-q skin as the family are used to that.

cheers
Up to atv 6.4 used python 2, everything after that uses python 3, none of the builds work on python 3.
You can use latest openatv for your device and as @Abu Baniaz posted earlier in this thread, the sky skins are available via plugin feeds

Im going to download 7.3 fresh from the openatv website but can anyone tell me what manufacturer it would be under as zgemma itself is not on the list.

Thanks

cheers
Grog is a lazy bugger recons his Mrs keeps finding jobs around the house any excuse :ROFLMAO:

To install Kiddac's skins or any other skin from the openATV image's plugin server, follow the instructions

Menu > Plugins > Green (download plugins)
Select Skin packages
Press OK to expand the list
Scroll down to the Kidac skins
Select the ones you want. Press OK on them so that the they have a download indicator next to the them
Once you have selected the packages you want, press Green to install them.

After installation, the skin has to be selected/activated
Menu > Setup > Usage & GUI > Skin Settings > A list of installed skins is shown > Select/Highlight the one you want to activate > Press OK
Say yes to the restart option

To install Kiddac's skins or any other skin from the openATV image's plugin server, follow the instructions

Menu > Plugins > Green (download plugins)
Select Skin packages
Press OK to expand the list
Scroll down to the Kidac skins
Select the ones you want. Press OK on them so that the they have a download indicator next to the them
Once you have selected the packages you want, press Green to install them.

After installation, the skin has to be selected/activated
Menu > Setup > Usage & GUI > Skin Settings > A list of installed skins is shown > Select/Highlight the one you want to activate > Press OK
Say yes to the restart option
Not on my list of skins for some reason...🤷‍♂️

Attachments

• 20231009_204333.jpg
    20231009_204333.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 7
They are probably already installed as part of fast restore process.

Try the next step of activating/selecting/enabling the skin now.

Nope. Only ones I have and reflashed again to 7.3 and kiddac still not on the list...

WTF!!

Attachments

• 16969745208927142156933711172627.jpg
    16969745208927142156933711172627.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Fast restore happens to quickly. Issue this command and post back the ouput/result

opkg install enigma2-plugin-skins-kiddac-1080-slyk-q

I'll have to do it tomorrow dude. Have it switched off now. Its getting under my skin. The missus is going mad I ever tampered with it at all....

I've never had any issues flashing images before...

I'll have to do it tomorrow dude. Have it switched off now. Its getting under my skin. The missus is going mad I ever tampered with it at all....

I've never had any issues flashing images before...
as mentioned above, just install it:
Press Menu > Setup > Usage & GUI > Skin Settings > A list of installed skins is shown > Select/Highlight the one you want to activate > Press OK

Kiddacs skins should be there already

Back