Recommended boxes

Splid

I have presently a couple of years old A780 and am looking to upgrade. I would like to get something with HD a good picture quality and good stability. Can you please recommend a suitable candidate ? Thanks.
Oh and relatively easy to setup.

I see you referring to this often. Even for someone like me who has some knowledge it is very confusing and not laid out well enough for me to use and understand. I am currently looking for an E2 cable box that has dual tuner so that I can record other channels. I have been using amiko t2 for some time but would like to move up the ladder. I want to spend no more than £150 on box/hard drive. Havent a clue looking at your list.

OP. Ill start you off.

Amiko Mini HD t2 - £50 single tuner. split your cable router line,flash the box,scan with your area codes and add a service. Every now and then you will need to rescan due to frequency changes by VM. Ten minute job. Great little starter box and good HD picture.

I see you referring to this often. Even for someone like me who has some knowledge it is very confusing and not laid out well enough for me to use and understand. I am currently looking for an E2 cable box that has dual tuner so that I can record other channels. I have been using amiko t2 for some time but would like to move up the ladder. I want to spend no more than £150 on box/hard drive. Havent a clue looking at your list.

OP. Ill start you off.

Amiko Mini HD t2 - £50 single tuner. split your cable router line,flash the box,scan with your area codes and add a service. Every now and then you will need to rescan due to frequency changes by VM. Ten minute job. Great little starter box and good HD picture.

He is "referring to it often" because people keep asking the same questions over and over again when the answers are already in the forums.

Why are you asking this in some one else topic? and for a twin dvb-c tuner box with hard drive for £150 no chance nearest would be xtrend et8000 or venton unibox eco+ with hard drive for about £200 maybe less with smaller drives around 250gb-500.

Last edited:
HI, a Venton unibox eco+ is 129, is twin cable tuner, enigma2 and can take an internal 2.5" HDD. HTH

Thanks for your replies they are appreciated.Cactikid I did read that post but to someone who has only previously bought a box, mine from a neighbour who has since left it just seems like a mass of technical statistics. All I wanted was personal recommendations on a easy to setup starter box with reasonable performance.Once I am better versed in the black arts I can see that it would be a great source of information.
I will be looking at the two suggestions offered and thanks again.

Look for a box with good support, cactikids list shows pretty much all the boxes out there
plus the ones with weak tuners, so price a trouble free box that suits your budget.

Have a go at setting it up, there are plenty of guides on here, then ask when you get stuck, you will be fine.

Back