One Recommended extra storage

rapture_ni

My partner's son is constantly running out of space on his Xbox one, anyone used or even recommend a type of storage expansion that can be used for it?

Cheers

I just got an external 2.5" drive and used that. I had one lying around so I just bought a caddy for it, about £5 on Amazon....job done. Xbox has now got 500gb internal and 1tb external.

I got the same one Dave posted for my son's xbox and it's the best thing I ever bought.It sounds big but don't forget the games use lots of memory now.I've used 6tb already so I would get at least a 4tb drive minimum tbh.

Thinking of going for a 1TB baricuda drive at £40.. and the caddy for £5. Not a massive outlay and triple his memory. He doesn't alternate games all that often it's just the odd time he goes back to one he has had a while and has to delete one and reinstall and when he's done had to do the same.. I watched him do it the other day when he wanted to playpme FIFA and felt his pain lol.

The caddy idea seems a good idea till you realise they bumped the prices up on the 2.5" drives lol. So much of a muchness between one of these and an external, unless the transfer speeds are greater I Dono if I see much of an advantage

Last edited by a moderator:
Back