Record more than one channel at a time

Rich Old

Hi I am new here so excuse me if my question is stupid. Do any of the Boxes allow you to record two channels while you watch a third like my soon to be discarded Sky HD box ?

I thought Sky HD only allowed you to record 2 channels and watch a recording?
Any twin tuner box will allow you to record 2 and watch a third on the same transponder as one of the recordings.

You could also get a unicable LNB and a box with an FBC tuner and that will let you record 8 channels at once.

I thought Sky HD only allowed you to record 2 channels and watch a recording?
Any twin tuner box will allow you to record 2 and watch a third on the same transponder as one of the recordings.

You could also get a unicable LNB and a box with an FBC tuner and that will let you record 8 channels at once.
Thanks Willo3092 can you suggest any good suppliers of these items, I am that much of a newbie.

Depends what you want from it and how much you want to spend. Have you just got satellite or cable as well?
The site sponsor does a decent range of budget receivers http://www.zgemma.co.uk/ but there are many different brands and price ranges in the world of satellite receivers ;)
I just use UK satellite for freeview but have a multi lnb setup to access premium channels on european satellites.
I also have cable which gives access to the Virgin Media channels.
... and there is IPTV which is very popular since all the Sky channels went dark.

Click the forum button on top left and have a read through the sections that you will be interested in.

Back