Record / rewind freeze

Hi, got a H9 Twin and sometimes when I forward a recording then rewind slightly the picture freezes (sound continues) then it goes back to the beginning.

I've tried it with a USB and a 160gb hard drive
I've tried it with Openvix and also OpenATV 6.3 and 6.4 with Wooshbuild
Do you think a swapfile would help, I was led to believe it wasn't needed on these boxes, just the older low memory ones?
Its driving me mad. Willing to try anything to sort it. Apart from this its great.

Thanks in advance

Hi, got a H9 Twin and sometimes when I forward a recording then rewind slightly the picture freezes (sound continues) then it goes back to the beginning.

I've tried it with a USB and a 160gb hard drive
I've tried it with Openvix and also OpenATV 6.3 and 6.4 with Wooshbuild
Do you think a swapfile would help, I was led to believe it wasn't needed on these boxes, just the older low memory ones?
Its driving me mad. Willing to try anything to sort it. Apart from this its great.

Thanks in advance
It depends on what you are recording! If its downloading content from istream there is a problem with this at the moment, also if Iptv is involved there are problems here that can happen.
If the problem is with normal FTA its a problem you shouldn't have.
The Flash memory I think is the same as h9s? So expanding that with a 8gb SD card will help, it is a bit complicated with openatv but very easy with openvix!
Try swapfile it may help, but I don't think it is necessary with that box.

Sorry forgot to say its FTA freesat channels.
The H9 Twin says its got "8GB EMMC FLASH / 1GB DDR3 Memory "
There shouldn't be a problem with recordings! The HDD or usb will not make any difference, make sure they are initialised and mounted properly. They should be ext4 and also Check the recording and Timeshift settings.
Re initialise and re mount if it didn't work first time

Back