Recording and watching Hd causes picture breakup

bacardi

I finally got my new house and my Virmin feed. Hooked up the Et8500 and soon had all the channels scanned in. I set up autobouquets to swap the hd chan etc and it all seemed fine.

I was thinking more of the boxing however a quick test all movie and sports chans worked fine, i set a recording on sky star trek and switch on the boxing which was in sd, all worked fine with no glitching. However if I switch to another hd channel the picture breaks up. What's causes the second hd picture to break up?

For info I linked out of tuner a into b out of b into c and out of c to tuner d. Is this the right way to do it? I thought I read that others had problems with hd breakup but could not find anything with a search that relates just to the hd when watching and recording.

Normal viewing seems fine

Could be signal strength, but it's only when you try to record two HD or just recording two HD in general? Try a few experiments, ie two encrypted and two FTA. Just to be sure.

I've only just moved to virmin and thought all chans were encrypted.
I could watch all the he movies fine.

I then wanted to test recording and watching another. I could record sly hd movie and watch the boxing fine, however if I then changed the boxing to another hd channel I got breakup.
I did think about if I should loop from one tuner to another, however I could not think of another way to do it.

Hi Bacardi, channels 1-5 are FTA and the boxing was FTA too, so that wouldn't put pressure on server and cam. As before try just two encrypted SD channels to see what happens.

I will do seeing as we have a picture sorting the box out is not top of my other halfs list of jobs. Plus I've not fully moved in yet.

I'll try and test tomorrow and report back. Although I thought the boxing was not fta, I'm sure it is not a sever problem more signal related.

What cable does everyone use to link the tuners, I'm using standard TVs coax leads with male female plugs on

Back