Recording in 1 big file Skybox F5S

Gregusse

Hey guys
I don't know if anyone else with a Skybox F5S has noticed but when you record a program/channel etc and for a certain time when it finishes and i put the hard drive in my pc there are numerous files that are split into like 10-20 mins per file, i was wondering if there was anyway to record and the finish product be 1 big file instead of multiple files??

Thanks in advance

That would be the least of my worries lol opened mine toady rigged it all up scanned channels selected a channel to view now it's stuck on 1 channel and unresponsive to the remote! these boxes seem really crap to me :S

Hey guys
I don't know if anyone else with a Skybox F5S has noticed but when you record a program/channel etc and for a certain time when it finishes and i put the hard drive in my pc there are numerous files that are split into like 10-20 mins per file, i was wondering if there was anyway to record and the finish product be 1 big file instead of multiple files??

Thanks in advance

You can easily convert the small files into 1 big file on your pc using simple DOS commands.

Have a look at this thread in the skybox section:-

http://www.techkings.org/skybox-f3-f5-f6/51355-how-get-over-1gb-recorded-files.html

Back