Recording on expired sub Sky box?

mad joe

Hope its ok to ask this question. Is it possible to buy a card that would enable the recording facility on a Sky+ box ? No longer subscribed to Sky and just get the FTA channels. Im in Ireland if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance.

FREESAT VIEWING CARD ACTIVATED FOR PLUS AND HD UK

I dont think recordings will work unless you subscribe to sky themselves.
A good enigma 2 box will do more than an old sky + hd
Thanks for that cactikid. Im asking for my daughter actually. I thought I read somewhere, probably several years ago, that some type of Sky card could be used in a Sky+ box (no subscription) that would activate the plus features i.e. recording, pause etc but thats probably not the case so.

She cancelled her subscription with Sky a couple of years ago and was using a Zgemma h2s box and her sub on that expired about a year ago. However she continued to use the h2s box to record the soaps on the FTA channels on to a usb stick but something has gone wrong with that box now and neither of us have a clue what to do with it. Wheb rebooting it just goes through the cycle but never displays any channels.

Anyhow I was just looking for cheap or even free options to get her back to being able to record her favourite channels. Thanks again for the reply.

Back