Satellite Recording

tommiekly

Can anyone help me out. Is there a way when setting a repeat timer on the h7s to automatically save into a folder without setting up a folder myself. I'm currently on open at 7.0

Have you the movie organiser plugin installed? While it won't do exactly what you want, I presume it is the closest thing to it.
When you record the first, lets say coronation street, for instance, it will record wherever you set your box to record to, then when you record the second episode, it creates a folder called coronation street, and puts them both into it (and all subsequent episodes)

When you set up an autotimer, scroll down to the bottom screen. There is an option called "Use a custom location". Once you change that to yes ,you can specify where the recordings for that autotimer will be made.

Have you the movie organiser plugin installed? While it won't do exactly what you want, I presume it is the closest thing to it.
When you record the first, lets say coronation street, for instance, it will record wherever you set your box to record to, then when you record the second episode, it creates a folder called coronation street, and puts them both into it (and all subsequent episodes)
I'll try that thanks

When you set up an autotimer, scroll down to the bottom screen. There is an option called "Use a custom location". Once you change that to yes ,you can specify where the recordings for that autotimer will be made.
Nice solution, question though ~ could I send different timers to different places, similar to what the movie organiser plugin does?

Nice solution, question though ~ could I send different timers to different places, similar to what the movie organiser plugin does?
I think it creates a folder for that recording, EG Emmerdale farm, then next time you record it, it goes in that folder so all your Emmerdale farm recordings are in one place, then if you record Deadliest catch it creates a folder of that name and all subsequent recordings of that are in there

Yes, that is the design. The folder/s must be created by the user first though.

As asides:
OpenViX has a feature called "Enable automatic collections". The groupings are done without folders.
I also change the filename composition to "event name first". Makes it easier to move things by FTP as the event name is used first instead of the date. This should be in all images.

Back