recordings sometimes freeze sor wont play fully

baz2011uk

hi all bit of a strange one
i have a duo2 on openvix 3.2 with a 3.5" WD red HDD installed and using a cable service
its been as good as gold since November when i got it and set it all up and still is but i have 1 small issue

over the last 2 weeks 1 out of say 10 recordings i get a little glitch 5 seconds or so on say an hour show (not a big issue at all TBH) i have yet to see a glitch on live tv when watching so its a pretty solid service
but today when watching a recording (fast and loud on discovery HD) it froze 8 mins in when checking the info bar the timer was still counting so i try a fast forward and try passing it at 16x and 32x speed but the timer was still only going at 1x speed and not allowing me to get any further ahead of recording so i bail out and jump on pc and drag the file back to pc to take a look and sure enough from 8 mins on its goosed no playback at all the file size looked correct for the 1hr show in HD and also the info on the duo2 showed up as 66 mins as it should
now recordings before and after have been fine with no issues at all and there was also a 30 min recording on another channel at the same time that recorded fine

not 100% sure where the issue could be
bad sector on the HDD maybe?
possible the channel and was a legit freeze
i cant see it being the service as other channel was fine both non FTA
2 recording at the same time but not had this issue before as recorded 2 at the same time before
cant be internet connection as other programme recorded and played back fine

please feel free to chuck ideas at me or comment on the above ones as i may of missed somthing as i am still new to it all

Install cacheflush plugin. I found on my Gemma the Same recording could glitch one day and not the next when my memory was low.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

on a duo 2 be very surprised if cacheflush be needed,old duo yes you would,i also had recordings glitch in november so might have been out of our control?

I've a few days old xtrend and my memory was down to 2.5pc noticed upstarts m yesterday lol. Just thinking out loud ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

cheers lads i still have a feeling it maybe HDD going to swap it out in a few days whats the best way to clone
or should i just copy across the hdd folder to pc and and back to new hdd via ftp i am guessing the hdd folder is the only folder thats taken from the hdd (recordings and epg) and the rest are internal files from the duo2 that will stay once hdd is removed

Back