Cable Recordng virgin

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Nothing to do with satellite or cable but had to add one or the other to post this thread
I recorded a 1 hour documentary last night on bbc4 HD.
First time I've ever attempted to record anything.
It was unwatchable..it would play for 5-10 seconds then distorted picture and sound for 2-3 minutes then play for another 5 seconds
Using freeview and 's brand new Cruzer blade USB which has been used for flashing the box and stores the epg.
What went wrong?

Update.
I recorded two programmes today on sky news.
The first one didn't show up when I pressed epg>recordings
So I recorded a second one.
That didn't show up neither.
Using dream explorer I went to hdd/movie and there's a list of six files for each programme I recorded
.eit
.ts
.ts.ap
.ts.cuts
.ts.meta
.ts.sc
If I press OK on the .ts file it plays OK
Surely this can't be right?
Last night's documentary played when I pressed epg-recordings but it was unwatchable

Sounds like usb or hdd not setup correctly to ext4 and maybe still fat32.If not seen in storage its faulty or not ready for recording.
You said freeview how good is your signal as a bad signal can give a distorted picture and needing 2 tuners setup viewing and recording .
Check in signal finder how good it is on both tuners.

After changing to ext4
Recorded a programme, still nothing showing in 'Recordings' which opens a screen that says 'my shows' totally empty

Browsing to HDD/Movie folder in dreamexplorer has all the files there in six different formats as detailed above.
Clicking the .ts file plays the recording.
Does everyone else have to go through all this shite every time they record something?

I record the soaps for the wife and a few other shows on freeview on my h52tc and it works fine, we recorded channel 5 hd last night and it played fine and was listed in the file list. The box hasn't been flashed for a while though so maybe something in ATV has been updated (uh oh) if you flashed recently

I didn't flash it recently but found out there's a problem with a plugin I use for one of my iptv subs so I didn't flash it as it's being worked on.

Gbfr from about 6 months ago.
Been getting BSOD for around 2 or 3 months but I've found out its the iptv plugin so not worth flashing until it's fixed.
I'm trying to record freeview.
It does record but it creates lots of files that are scattered around like a madman's shite

ah ok, I made a change to gbfr a week or so ago to improve iptv recordings and wondered if that caused it as a side effect but no if you haven't flashed the box for a few months.

I've recorded corrie tonight and have the following files

Code:
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           227 Aug  3 19:26 20200803 1927 - ITV HD - Coronation Street.eit
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root     1212866584 Aug  3 20:04 20200803 1927 - ITV HD - Coronation Street.ts
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root         39024 Aug  3 20:04 20200803 1927 - ITV HD - Coronation Street.ts.ap
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root            24 Aug  3 20:04 20200803 1927 - ITV HD - Coronation Street.ts.cuts
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root           236 Aug  3 19:26 20200803 1927 - ITV HD - Coronation Street.ts.meta
-rw-r--r--    1 root     root        911360 Aug  3 20:04 20200803 1927 - ITV HD - Coronation Street.ts.sc

which is the same as you have listed above. how big is the ts file of your non recording

The ts files open but I assumed I could just see a list of recordings in a nice list:
The Simpsons 03/08
Emmerdale Farm 02/08
Mystery of the floating turd 01/08

And so on, mines like 6 or 7 files for each recording

you should have 6 files for each recording although pressing file list should just display one entry for the recording, ie the 6 files I listed above are for 1 recording of coronation street, when I press file list I just see the one entry for Coronation street

Back