Recoverd files

Soundman

Morning guys, needs your help if possible. Very recently my 500gb external drive went tits up, and had a lot of data on it which my nephew managed to recover for me. The problem i now have is that all the files that were on my damaged drive ( All my mp3 tracks nearly 4000 of them, all my full albums, all my pictures, all my downloaded movies ) were all in there own separate folders, are now in one folder with all my various data mixed up and all over the place, and most don't have any file extensions so i don't know what is what. What i would like to know is how i get round to solving this problem, so that i can put all the various files back into to there own folders. I don't know if there is a program that is available that could help me with this. Unfortunately, i don't know to much about files/and file extensions, so any help would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks....

Soundman :beg:

I used Active Undelete in the past it did put all recovered files into their proper folders.

---------- Post Merged at 12:04 PM ----------

Morning guys, needs your help if possible. Very recently my 500gb external drive went tits up, and had a lot of data on it which my nephew managed to recover for me. The problem i now have is that all the files that were on my damaged drive ( All my mp3 tracks nearly 4000 of them, all my full albums, all my pictures, all my downloaded movies ) were all in there own separate folders, are now in one folder with all my various data mixed up and all over the place, and most don't have any file extensions so i don't know what is what. What i would like to know is how i get round to solving this problem, so that i can put all the various files back into to there own folders. I don't know if there is a program that is available that could help me with this. Unfortunately, i don't know to much about files/and file extensions, so any help would be most appreciated.

Many Thanks....

Soundman :beg:

I have used Active Undelete in the past and the recoverd files where placed into their proper folders again.

If the files have already been recovered off the drive then you will need to re-sort them out yourself. File extensions are most likely hidden on your PC so open explorer and under the View tabe select "show file Extensions" and this should reveal the full file name with the extension at the end. If not then maybe the drive has not been recovered correctly.

if you want to do it yourself this time look at Pandora Recovery or Recuva both of which are free programs.

Back