Red light of death riddle

otakujon

Hi

I'm a bit lost

Wanted to fix my vu duo by replacing the C807 capacitor

Problem is it's not there !

I'm not much on an electrician but in the C807 position on the circuit board is just a bridged little bit of solder (same for C815 and C850)

Did I get a clone box or am I missing something else ?

Any and all help gratefully received

OJ

You may have the newer box, and i believe they did away with some of the capacitors [ this was to try and do away with the red light issue that the boxes were having ] but i did read somewhere that it did not ????

Yer that's right u need to change capacitors on the power pack u need to look for that info hard to find

Sent from my HUAWEI VNS-L31 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help guys.

I cant seem to find any info on repairs to my vu duo. A goodle search found one link to another forum that mentions a missing C807.

Can anyone shed a bit more light on whats needed in order to resolve this problem?

Here's a close up of the location on the mainboard where the c807 should be...IMG_1745[1].jpg

For anyone that is interested. I have since discovered that the little 'bridging' piece is actually a capacitor. A ceramic instead of electrolytic one. I've been told by those who know that it can be replaced by the older type.

...but before I go ahead and do that can anyone shed any light on whether or not I should be looking in to replacing/repairing the Power Pack as mentioned by cablman1 in an earlier post?

Can anyone point me to instructions on what I need to do?

TIA

OJ

Back