Techkings

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

reflashing starview 4

eirejk

Registered
Hi All. Just wondering if anyone has much experience of reflashing the starview 4 box and if you need a specific loader to do it as i've tried to follow instructions on here but i think the loader i have is for an older / different version.

Cheers,

eirejk

Registered
Thanks a million for the quick reply. I'm fairly new to forums and struggling to find my way around. I keep seeing stuff about introducing myself but dont know how to officially do that, and i followed the link you put up but it says something like I DONT HAVE PRIVELEGES TO SEE THE PAGE. Any help is much appreciated.

noelyf

VIP Member
Have you checked your emails inbox eire?
There should be a message from the Techking Admin with a link.
You should be ok after you click this link (y)
Come back & I`ll help you flash the SV4 ;)

anto1969

Super Moderator
Staff member
Forum Supporter
Yeah I know Ferg, our lives won't be worth ...........LOL

Hi eirejk, welcome here, I'd say your good to go now with Noels Help :)

sandiemag

Account Deleted at user's request.
Thanks a million for the quick reply. I'm fairly new to forums and struggling to find my way around. I keep seeing stuff about introducing myself but dont know how to officially do that, and i followed the link you put up but it says something like I DONT HAVE PRIVELEGES TO SEE THE PAGE. Any help is much appreciated.

you're doing fine eirejk, have a look around, take your time and enjoy the forums :)

eirejk

Registered
I got the 8882 error on my sv4. I read all posts etc and took action as described by dooby2oon in a very good post. I bought a rs2332 interface (usb connection) and downloaded the gt rom loader for sv4. I followed instructions for the download connecting to cn1 etc. My computer does recognise the usb connection and its on com 2 with a baud rate of 115200 as specified.
My problem is that when i press download, i get a message from the loader saying "Cannot open com2, Please check com 2". Can anyone help with this as i cannot figure out what i am doing wrong. ??

Many thanks,

eirejk