Registering a Netgear WiFi Extender

Erinville

I bought a Netgear EX2700 WiFi Extender for a neighbour and I have a Firestick running off it.
Speed is around 25mb on the Analiti app on the Firestick.
The only problem is that the Extendetr stopped working yesterday.
I tried resetting and pairing and the Firestick says signal is very good and connected.
When I press play on the Firestick remote it says internet not connected.
My friend told me that I should register the Extender online first.
My question is: Can I register it in my house and then put it friend's house after?

You dont need to register them online. We have a to link one you just link it to your modem and when you plug it in it should show up as the same name as your wireless network with .ext on the end. Just connect and enter your password. That should be it.

Yes, that worked in the initial setup.
When I ran into problems I factory reset it and tried to do the same by pressing wps on the modem and extender in the same room.
I moved the extender to another room within 2 minutes but when I tried to connect to the Extender on the Firestick I get a message on the screen saying to join Netgear on mywifi.ext

I also tried this.
I mean why am I not getting an internet connection when the Firestick is giving a speed of 25mbps for the extender.
Signal is very good and connection says connected with problems.
It worked perfect for months.
I moved it around but still getting connecting problems.
The Firestick says obtaining address for a while and then it says scanning.
Then the message comes up saying join mywifi.ext

I tried the smartphone too.
No joy and the WiFi password is correct.
I wonder if there is something out there other than TP links that might bring in a stronger signal?

We have a tp link one paid £15 from tesco as son has a black spot in bedroom. We just set it up upstairs.

Back