reluctantly gone back to sly

daleh43

hi,
I have reluctantly gone back to sly after many happy years with my zgemma. Mainly because the missus was moaning that she cant get sly 1 etc.
With reference to this post http://www.techkings.org/threads/sky-sports-to-ditch-numbered-very-interesting-article.128377/ I thought i would ring up and try to get a good deal. Amazingly they bent over backwards to get me back.

Ive just got 1tb Qbox, boxsets package (which includes HD) full sports package (not HD) and mini Q box for bedroom, new wireless router (apparently required) and installation for £33.61 per month on a 18mth contract. Saving 67%
I'm not gonna complain at that especially before i left, I was paying £80 for entertainment package with sports & HD sub & multiroom

Just thought I would let everyone know incase they reluctantly go back and don't have the option of going cable with vermin on their zgemma etc.

P.S if you do decide to go back and get a good deal like me, pm me and if I refer you. I will get a £50 voucher as well as yourselves so win win

Last edited:
Did you not look at IPTV? ... I didn't rate it personally when I had it last year but i'm sure there's providers out there who're better than others ... think i'd have rather gone that route than sign back up to S*y and pay them over 600 quid for the duration of the contract :(

Did you not look at IPTV? ... I didn't rate it personally when I had it last year but i'm sure there's providers out there who're better than others ... think i'd have rather gone that route than sign back up to S*y and pay them over 600 quid for the duration of the contract :(

I did mate, Ive tried loads of so called "iptv providers" & wasnt impressed at all. Every provider had a different set up, the epg was sketchy to say the least and some channels, but not all, was shite. Atlantic being one of them. So I bit the bullet and went back. its only 18months and things may change regarding encryption of sly channels but I wont hold my breath

Does that include line rental and broadband, or are you only talking about the "tv" side of the costs?

Does that include line rental and broadband, or are you only talking about the "tv" side of the costs?

Its only TV package as I have BB which is due for haggling end of july

Price increase due in September----oh happy days LOL----Murdoch wins once again.
Reaper.

Agreed but I was caught between a rock and a hard place, missus wise. If it was up to me i would have waited it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I got NowTV for under £20 for 6 months and Netflix so for under a Tenner a month (we don't watch Sport) and the missus is very happy. Use the zgemma as a freesat box now.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

I have just gone back to sky i have the original package (not HD) plus sports £16 per month for 18 months and i have my zgemma with Racing uk and ATR and bt sport. I can live with that

Got iptv for box office events signed back up to sky got full package all HD sports movies etc for £35 for 18 months as dont rate iptv not as good as C/S no vermin in my area so had to do something for kids and my self for sports I think it works out about 70% discount cant complain no phone or broadband with them as I'm with ee didn't want to give them money but needs must i suppose

Why does everyone blame the Missus or kids for going back to sky--no one blames theirself or the poor old dog.
Don't be embarrassed lads, we all know you like corrie and eastenders LOL or is it that the ladies wear the trousers and miss the rugby and wrestling? LOL
Reaper.

Why does everyone blame the Missus or kids for going back to sky--no one blames theirself or the poor old dog.
Don't be embarrassed lads, we all know you like corrie and eastenders LOL or is it that the ladies wear the trousers and miss the rugby and wrestling? LOL
Reaper.
True better to blame everyone else then our selves can't stand corrie or eastenders but mainly got it for kids with them only been young but there's only so much peppa pig I can stand

I had this debate with a friend recently who recently went back to sky for a similar deal mentioned in this topic her reason was she couldn't be bothered with all the hassle and threw all her zgemmas in the bin which I pointed out is ridiculous , myself I'd never pay murdoch and his cronies a penny out of principal, I used to be a sky customer in 2007 for a couple of years before I learnt my lesson and I ditched it, yes the missus did moan about but got told tough shit, nowadays, my daughter has the zgemma in her bedroom and firestick with plex and other android tv apps on it, and the two satellite android boxes in the house with tonnes of free movies and tv shows apps everyone is sweet and the cost is next to nothing.

It is a scientific fact that women cannot operate two remote controls and if asked to do so will implode.
My missus actually asked me this question last night as she couldn't figure out how to turn the motorbike racing off,! :grin:
M.MOTOGPHD on 19e is on constantly since I found it, :)
Actually, she would kill me if I spent 18£ month to sky just to watch bike racing, she is happy enough with what she can get on CS for the price, and catch up TV is what she watches.
So when she decided to get a new internet TV, she couldn't argue with me for putting a bit bigger dish up for multisat, :cool:

Back