Remote Access: Crossloop.

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Crossloop is another alternative for users who need to either, provide, or receive assistance over a remote connection.

The one distinct advantage of this application is that you need absolutely no technical know how to get this up and running.

CrossLoop is designed to quickly connect two computers without having to change any network connections.

You can get up and running with CrossLoop in under 2 minutes. Simply Download and install the application on both PC's and it will automatically configure itself to your network environment.

The GUI (user Interface) only consists of two TABS.

193.jpg

An Access TAB. (just enter the number received from the person seeking assistance & hit the "Connect" button. Once the person seeking help gets the request to allow you to connect & accepts it, your are connect & have control over their machine.

and

A Share TAB. (just click on the share tab & quote the number to the person providing the assistance by means of phone, TXT or email) and you are ready to get help.

How it Works:

CrossLoop's underlying technology was created to simplify the process of securely working with others located in different physical locations across diverse network environments. CrossLoop enables you to see the screen and control the mouse and keyboard on a remote computer. It is as if you are working side by side at the same PC. CrossLoop is a powerful productivity tool that enables you to quickly collaborate with anyone in the world.

For more detailed help, see the Links below.

I want to Access a Session - I am going to give help

I want to Share a Session - I am going to receive help

I want to Transfer Files - Send or receive files

I want to Switch Control - Switch roles of Access and Share

I want to allow View Only - Disable share control.

Crossloop: is a definite choice for users with little or no knowledge of how to configure the likes of VNC or Logmein (the two other recommended remote access programs).

-

Last edited:
Crossloop is no longer available due to it being acquired by AVG.

AVG closed the service down without any notice to its user base, not even the paying customers :no no:

They did however offer a refund to the paid account holders.

See here:

Back