Remote/Zgemma Box

masterc34

Out of interest, does anyone have problems with non-responsive remote control (could be the box too) after long periods (say over 3 hours of not changing channels or volume control or overnight)?

For example, I like to record a few programmes e.g. Criminal Minds late at night. This means that I only turn off the TV, but leave the box on. I find that in the morning when I turn on the TV, the TV comes on and obviously on the last channel being watched before going to bed. When I attempt to switch to another channel or even do anything with the remote it (or the box) will either not respond at all or becomes totally unresponsive. It is so annoying and frustrating. Damn!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Tried new batts ?

Yes mate. The only thing I have found that restores the box (and remote) to normal working are restart the box. It seems to cure it. Very frustrating. I am not keen to start thinking I have a faulty box, because the crap doesn't happen if I keep the remote and box busy with switching channels, volume etc. I feel the box goes into some sort of sleep state, while showing the same channel for long periods.

Never had a completely unresponsive remote. I find I have to press the buttons down VERY hard all the time and it has to be pointed DIRECTLY at the box. A little bit either way and it won't work. Have you tried pressing the hell out of the buttons and making sure you're pointed directly at it?

Never had a completely unresponsive remote. I find I have to press the buttons down VERY hard all the time and it has to be pointed DIRECTLY at the box. A little bit either way and it won't work. Have you tried pressing the hell out of the buttons and making sure you're pointed directly at it?

This is an interesting point. I will give it a try when this happens again. If this is the case, then why does a restart of the box cure it? *mind-boggling*

Unless some job is getting stuck which runs at night on your box which is "hanging" it making it unresponsive to remote presses (ABM/CrossEPG). Yeah try pressing the hell out of it. I have to do that all the time anyway. Maybe try changing the channel using the openwebif site for you box. Just bang the box IP into your browser. Default port is Port 80 so should open right up. Try changing a channel using that, see what it does.

Unless some job is getting stuck which runs at night on your box which is "hanging" it making it unresponsive to remote presses (ABM/CrossEPG). Yeah try pressing the hell out of it. I have to do that all the time anyway. Maybe try changing the channel using the openwebif site for you box. Just bang the box IP into your browser. Default port is Port 80 so should open right up. Try changing a channel using that, see what it does.

Okay, will do that when I get home. If I do that from work, my Mrs might just think we are being hacked LOL

Okay, will do that when I get home. If I do that from work, my Mrs might just think we are being hacked LOL
Either that or a poltergeist.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Either that or a poltergeist.

Sent from my HTC One M8 using Tapatalk

Well, it may not even work if one is not on the home network, would it?

It doesn't work, I have tried it, even on home network. It is becoming too often, I have to turn off the box at the back everytime.

Back