Windows Vista remove vista from computer

dianered

Hi all have an old laptop which did have xp on but for some reason someone has put vista on !!!! I have tried everything to get it off but nothing i just want to put xp back on is there a cd i could download to do this thanks all

not a lot of point putting xp back on it.i would be more inclined to find a copy of windows7.xp support is done in april while 7 is good to 2018. what kind of error are you getting? sorry to ask but did you set the xp disk to boot from?in the install options for xp there should be one to format the drive.

Last edited:
You could have a look on bit torrent sites for a copy of XP. Once you've got your XP disc, go into your bios whilst booting your laptop and change the boot priority to CD/DVD (from disc). Should give you a fresh install. Might be worth formatting the HDD during the process just to make sure you get rid of that pesky Vista.Once its completed make sure you change the bios setting back to booting from HDD. You should know that there's not going to be support for XP for much longer via security updates, so bare that in mind also.

worst case
1. reformat the drive (after backing up your docs etc)
2. download xp from torrent
3. use the licence key on the pc to install it.

Hi all have an old laptop which did have xp on but for some reason someone has put vista on !!!! I have tried everything to get it off but nothing i just want to put xp back on is there a cd i could download to do this thanks all

download the xp pro black edition

Back