Renewing satellite?

Anst11

Hi all,

Been off the site for a good while now, apologies. But I am back and needing assistance.

I went IPTV for years and then decided to go away from that
. Been with legit sky for a while now, but leaving imminently.

Now with price increases and life bills going up, I want to get a euro satellite back up and running preferably on a box that can run apps too such as Netflix etc.. I'd rather not have one Freeview box with apps and another box totally for euro satellite.

I sense I'm going to have to go down the rabbit hole again of how to install a motor dish and usals.

Any box ideas? Tips? Recommended installers? Based in the Midlands.

Thanks.

Hi all,

Been off the site for a good while now, apologies. But I am back and needing assistance.

I went IPTV for years and then decided to go away from that
. Been with legit sky for a while now, but leaving imminently.

Now with price increases and life bills going up, I want to get a euro satellite back up and running preferably on a box that can run apps too such as Netflix etc.. I'd rather not have one Freeview box with apps and another box totally for euro satellite.

I sense I'm going to have to go down the rabbit hole again of how to install a motor dish and usals.

Any box ideas? Tips? Recommended installers? Based in the Midlands.

Thanks.
Been a few changes on euro satellite recently and a lot of the channels no longer working due to icam encryption change.

Icam is only the Sky stuff UK,IT and Germany really.

Plenty of other providers open if you do bang up a dish and motor.

What sort of price range you looking at on the Sat box there is a few that run apps but to be honest a Box dedicated to the Sat side and a Android box for the apps, even a firestick would do for the app side.

I already have a sat box gathering dust in loft, was new in 2017. Does usals etc I am sure it would be fine to reuse.

As for apps, will prob just go firestick figure it out.

We only need French German and Italian really. I haven't checked lyngsat yet but I am assuming it's still 19.2e for French German and 13.0e for Italian? 5w would be hard to find and point to in my garden.

We only need French German and Italian really. I haven't checked lyngsat yet but I am assuming it's still 19.2e for French German and 13.0e for Italian? 5w would be hard to find and point to in my garden.
Yeah you have that write a good Euro Line will cover you for whats open on 19 & 13.

What box is it you have in the loft ?

Off memory a technomate 5402 if I recall.

As long as we get tf1 from France somehow as my French wife likes to watch it and Italian Rai and canale channels.

Other option I suppose is get a genuine tnt french box and card from France (going next week) and point to 19.2. slap on another lnb for 13.0e. forget the motor.

Original set up years ago got multitude of satellites and was fun watching random shows from around the globe, but ironically, too many shows to watch. So want to be conservative this time. I haven't got spare time ATM to plough myself into it.

I never really got used to using a V8 sat finder and aligning it.

Back